robert has commented on the following diary entries

Game developer ArenaNet’s lately announced that Guild Wars two serving the Usa are going to be on July 26 5 months ago

Spam

Mapping my hometown Visakhapatnam 5 months ago

India's going to be home to some great mapping (and mappers) before we know it.

Finished the tutorial 5 months ago

Very good keep it up...

Field mapping is so much fun! 5 months ago

Yes, Mapillary has transformed the way I map.

Last Week's Favourite Mapillary Photo 6 months ago

Yeah I notice that my "most viewed" mapillary images tend to be fairly... obscure.

West Africa 6 months ago

If you have a smartphone, have you considered using mapillary to capture imagery at the same tine during your travels?

Carei ... done ! 7 months ago

Looking good...

London mapathons: switching the emphasis to JOSM 7 months ago

Though I think it's important that we don't go too far with this - we will always have contributors dropping in & out of engagement and we must always make the "onboarding" stream a welcoming thing to replace those who will naturally drop out. We may feel quite volunteer-rich at the moment, but we might not always be in that position.

We don't want to find ourselves up a mountain with all the sherpas dead.

Not sure if that analogy makes any sense.

I also think there's an argument to be made about diversity in favour of retaining an iD contingent. There will always be a "demographic" of user for whom JOSM will always be too much (or just the install process, or maybe it won't install on their computer...) and casting off those users also casts off the friends that they might have told about missing maps, who again might be a broader demographic...

Also having most users start off with iD means they're all aware that they can edit OSM anytime from just a browser, not requiring any java-install-nonsense.

Conducting workshops for community building 7 months ago

It looks like a decent start, and imperfect mapping is better than no map. http://osm.org/go/yyz3HDM0- for anyone curious.

Mapping Torre Annunziata 8 months ago

Beautiful.

Mapping Childhood Memories 8 months ago

Nice results.

Validating the map - Part 1 8 months ago

Couldn't agree more. Suspicious behaviour detection is particularly something we could do with.

Field Mapping- Indiranagar, Bengaluru 8 months ago

Really nice stuff. There's nothing more satisfying than a fieldpapers sheet so packed with information it's hard to fit it all in.

CordAid Resource Mapping Workshop - Coron, Palawan, Philippines 8 months ago

Beautiful results

Tagging sidewalks and crossings 12 months ago

Separate-way sidewalks make me feel a little nauseous.

Osmgeoweek celebrations in Bengaluru! about 1 year ago

Brilliant.

Proposal: Sunset ref=* on ways in favor of relations about 1 year ago

So how would id users supposedly edit them?

A Review of the Manifests of all OSM US Board Election Candidates about 1 year ago

You are so German.

Harry Wood admin abuse. Do we need him as admin at wiki??? about 1 year ago

For the record I don't think serious changes have been made to the content of the main post here - the earliest cache I could find was http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:ar3XImcbHMoJ:https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/d1g/diary/35853+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk which is by and large the same.

I think it's very hard to hide behind the "quoted out of context" thing with the things I've quoted. It's hard to imagine what sort of original context they would have to be in for me to be misrepresenting them here. I'm simply pointing out places you directly contradict yourself.

When it comes to good faith, I'm sure you want to make the map better (however you see "better") but you seem to be someone who thinks and behaves very unilaterally, finding it very hard to accept that the majority of people disagree with you. There are plenty of things I have an opinion on, but I realize that I am in a relative minority in the community and so I don't do anything about it.

But the personal attacks are largely moving onto zverik now - should he "say goodbye to his reputation" too? All of your rants seem to be very individual and personal. Is there anyone who you don't think has wronged you?

Harry Wood admin abuse. Do we need him as admin at wiki??? about 1 year ago

@d1g:

I always attacked his statements and his arguments, but not himself.

...

Main message is that Harry Wood is clueless tard forcing his unsupported view as OpenStreetMap consensus or final decision made by admin.