robert has commented on the following diary entries

Last Week's Favourite Mapillary Photo 7 days ago

Yeah I notice that my "most viewed" mapillary images tend to be fairly... obscure.

West Africa 21 days ago

If you have a smartphone, have you considered using mapillary to capture imagery at the same tine during your travels?

Carei ... done ! about 1 month ago

Looking good...

London mapathons: switching the emphasis to JOSM about 1 month ago

Though I think it's important that we don't go too far with this - we will always have contributors dropping in & out of engagement and we must always make the "onboarding" stream a welcoming thing to replace those who will naturally drop out. We may feel quite volunteer-rich at the moment, but we might not always be in that position.

We don't want to find ourselves up a mountain with all the sherpas dead.

Not sure if that analogy makes any sense.

I also think there's an argument to be made about diversity in favour of retaining an iD contingent. There will always be a "demographic" of user for whom JOSM will always be too much (or just the install process, or maybe it won't install on their computer...) and casting off those users also casts off the friends that they might have told about missing maps, who again might be a broader demographic...

Also having most users start off with iD means they're all aware that they can edit OSM anytime from just a browser, not requiring any java-install-nonsense.

Conducting workshops for community building about 2 months ago

It looks like a decent start, and imperfect mapping is better than no map. http://osm.org/go/yyz3HDM0- for anyone curious.

Mapping Torre Annunziata 2 months ago

Beautiful.

Mapping Childhood Memories 3 months ago

Nice results.

Validating the map - Part 1 3 months ago

Couldn't agree more. Suspicious behaviour detection is particularly something we could do with.

Field Mapping- Indiranagar, Bengaluru 3 months ago

Really nice stuff. There's nothing more satisfying than a fieldpapers sheet so packed with information it's hard to fit it all in.

CordAid Resource Mapping Workshop - Coron, Palawan, Philippines 3 months ago

Beautiful results

Tagging sidewalks and crossings 6 months ago

Separate-way sidewalks make me feel a little nauseous.

Osmgeoweek celebrations in Bengaluru! 7 months ago

Brilliant.

Proposal: Sunset ref=* on ways in favor of relations 8 months ago

So how would id users supposedly edit them?

A Review of the Manifests of all OSM US Board Election Candidates 9 months ago

You are so German.

Harry Wood admin abuse. Do we need him as admin at wiki??? 9 months ago

For the record I don't think serious changes have been made to the content of the main post here - the earliest cache I could find was http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:ar3XImcbHMoJ:https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/d1g/diary/35853+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk which is by and large the same.

I think it's very hard to hide behind the "quoted out of context" thing with the things I've quoted. It's hard to imagine what sort of original context they would have to be in for me to be misrepresenting them here. I'm simply pointing out places you directly contradict yourself.

When it comes to good faith, I'm sure you want to make the map better (however you see "better") but you seem to be someone who thinks and behaves very unilaterally, finding it very hard to accept that the majority of people disagree with you. There are plenty of things I have an opinion on, but I realize that I am in a relative minority in the community and so I don't do anything about it.

But the personal attacks are largely moving onto zverik now - should he "say goodbye to his reputation" too? All of your rants seem to be very individual and personal. Is there anyone who you don't think has wronged you?

Harry Wood admin abuse. Do we need him as admin at wiki??? 9 months ago

@d1g:

I always attacked his statements and his arguments, but not himself.

...

Main message is that Harry Wood is clueless tard forcing his unsupported view as OpenStreetMap consensus or final decision made by admin.

Harry Wood admin abuse. Do we need him as admin at wiki??? 9 months ago

"I'm not attacking Harry."

Is this a joke or are you attempting to backpedal?

You can't possibly be serious posting that sentence beneath the above diary entry. I note though actually you seem (?) to have edited the main text of this and possibly removed the most scathing remarks. I wonder if a cache exists somewhere on the web of the original version. Would be interesting to see.

Harry Wood admin abuse. Do we need him as admin at wiki??? 9 months ago

@d1g: do you think anyone's opinion should be heeded but your own? it doesn't sound like it.

Harry Wood admin abuse. Do we need him as admin at wiki??? 9 months ago

I'm not sure why you're making this an ad hominem thing about Harry. You're probably rationalizing things and convincing yourself that it's Harry in particular that has a problem with you, and it couldn't possibly be that you are doing anything wrong. You'd be very wrong in thinking this. Harry is just the caretaker.

If you really want to know how popular you are try popping up on IRC under your real name and air your views.

As for "Harry Wood never had interest in OSM being TRULLY international", you clearly have never met him or really ever spoken with him. Or have any idea about him. I'm really appreciative that he does the work he does dealing with people like you so the rest of us don't have to. From your attitude I can clearly see why this "xxzme" person people had been moaning about was so worth banning.

Thanks for all your hard work Harry!

OSM Analytic Difference Engine 10 months ago

(I am strongly of the opinion that we need to look at getting functionality like this integrated into osm.org at somepoint in the near future)