maning has commented on the following diary entries

1,074,201 things to do for OpenStreetMap, literally. about 3 years ago

Great! Any plans for a worldwide coverage?

Quezon Ave - Araneta Ave Underpass Now Open but... about 3 years ago

The underpass is now in OSM, please check later if the routing is OK.

hi-res imagery for Leyte and problems with OSM :( over 3 years ago

If you click on the Bing Aerial (Labeled) layer in this link:,124.791324,17

The closed source data is even worst. Unfortunately, I cannot edit it. The problem with closed/proprietary. :)

Perhaps we can also discuss this in the PH mailinglist so that other mappers can help and standardize the tags.

Good Day over 3 years ago

Welcome! I am happy to know that your groups is interested with using OSM Bukidnon has some hi-res imagery you use for tracing data.

Counting faces in SOTM 2011 group photo about 4 years ago

Note that Peter Batty appeared twice in the photo. :)

OSM-PH tagging suggestion over 4 years ago

I removed the word.

OSM-PH tagging suggestion over 4 years ago

Streetview never existed in the Philippines. I took this photo myself. Does google own copyrights for the word "streetview"? If so, I will remove the word in my title.

changing rivers and streams in Marikina-Pasig basin over 4 years ago

@ wynnndale,

I'm not aware of publicly available maps that has updated rivers within this area.

Laguna Map: Famy and Sta. Maria only missing almost 5 years ago

Sounds like a good place for a mapping party. ;)

missing U-turn slots on EDSA near SM and Trinoma almost 5 years ago

You can view who modified/edited your data by looking at your specific changeset. Click the deleted way and view the history.

Garmin Won't Route you to SCTEX-NLEX from MacArthur almost 5 years ago

backpacking philippines,

If you are using the osmph garmin maps I compile, then max_speed is not used:

I disabled the use of max_speed because ETA calculations are too optimistic.

I agree with richard, real world speed should be in another tag and not in max_speed.

Sampaloc and Quiapo, Manila almost 5 years ago

It is good that you have been focusing on road routability. I don't have particular interest on this issue because it doesn't affect me on my usual bike commute :). Keep it up!

Garmin Routing Algorithm? almost 5 years ago

Garmin classifies road according to:
- road class - the class of the road where 4 is the best roads eg. motorways and 0 are residential roads etc.
- road speed - an indication of how fast traffic on the road is. 0 is the slowest and 7 the fastest.

Along with road length, Gamin combines these criteria in an algorithm for selecting the route for you. Other have observed that the road class is the primary consideration.

As to the Macarthur vs Expressways, I think there are problems with the data here. You may also be correct that motorway_links maybe part of the issue here.

routing errors in makati almost 5 years ago

I added the bollard restriction switch in the map compilation. Check the latest map in a day or two.

routing errors in makati almost 5 years ago

regarding Q2: is there a bollard in the osm data along mayapis? If so, my garmin map shouldn't route you down that road.

armchair mapping in Albay almost 5 years ago

@alexz, thanks!

Pretty Labels almost 5 years ago

Interesting, I never knew that polygons adjust labels as a multi-line text. Nice work!

There is an island shaped like Korea. about 5 years ago

We also have a big relief map of the Philippines inside a park in the Philippines.

Mapping areas of ILoilo City Philippines about 5 years ago

I am not from Iloilo, but let me know how to help.

kill those philippine saw-tooth coastlines! over 5 years ago

here's how to use the sawtooth webpage and josm