maning has commented on the following diary entries

Experimented on Mapping By Photo-geotagging 23 days ago

Hey! Really glad another Marikina mapper here! For photomapping, I suggest you also look at mapillary. Lately, I've been uploading my Marikina photos in mapillary: http://www.mapillary.com/profile/maning

Interested to meet sometime?

What's your OpenStreetMap story? about 1 month ago

marikina

Here's my patch as GPS tracks.

I started mapping late 2006. Back then, OSM in the Philippines was completely blank. Maybe I made the first node? At first I struggled with everything, from borrowing GPSr to understanding the tools. I even tried to create a Garmin data cable since it is very expensive to buy a new one.

data cable

Perhaps the most stupid thing I did when I was starting was, without understanding any of the schema and API, I hand edited an OSM file because I had difficulty uploading with my flaky dial-up connection. I turned out that I completely messed up the map because I unintentionally removed negative ID values to the original data upload using JOSM! Fortunately, the talk list back then was very friendly and helped me fix it. ;)

Here's a few other mapping stories.

I was nearly attacked by 4 dogs trying to map an private residential area.

kabacan

Nearly got into a heated argument with a group of illegal loggers while mapping the forests of Sierra Madre.

cagayan

More stories here.

[Alt text](URL)

Mapillary trials 9 months ago

I'm getting the same issue sometimes (I'm blaming my ISP). Just try clicking the blue line to see photos. You can also file a bug report at mapillary's github account.

Water in OpenStreetMap 10 months ago

This is nice challenge. However, I can't see it in the list of challenges in MapRoulette.

Iligan street map update 12 months ago

Great! Deteiled mapping in Iligan started after Sendong. Its good to know that there are more locals contributing. Hope you find the data useful.

Iligan street map update 12 months ago

Keep it up! Is this a local mapping initiative in Iligan? If you have questions, just ask.

Keep on mapping!

Maning OpenStreetMap-Philippines

@OsmThis: Twitter to OSM about 1 year ago

https://twitter.com/sashazykov/status/460662527945232386 -> http://www.openstreetmap.org/note/158563

Fixed!

Moabi at State of the Map US about 1 year ago

Cool! Any plans for open sourcing the code? I'm particularly interested in the iD presets.

Mapping the Gran Cordillera Central over 1 year ago

Good luck with your docu entry! And its nice you do mapping on the side. ;)

Hello, OSM! over 1 year ago

Hi Ken,

I reported your issue in iD's github repo, please update if the problem persists. Thanks!

We need to look at consistency of coverage in the Philippines. Let's target LOD1 first. over 1 year ago

@/al, I updated the entry for the location of the images. If that is what you mean.

Hello, OSM! over 1 year ago

Welcom to the "tribe". :)

Bagong Simula almost 2 years ago

Lester,

Welcome din. Sana maging makabuluhan din ang iyong pagiging contributor dito sa OSM.

Rivers in Palawan not showing on main map over 2 years ago

Disregard my comment. My speed reading missed that part of your post. :-)

Rivers in Palawan not showing on main map over 2 years ago

Cycle, tranport and mapquest layer looks OK.

Will @MapBox allow imagery tracing for OSM? over 2 years ago

Now available to paid users: http://support.mapbox.com/discussions/general-questions/9924-using-satellite-images-for-osm-tracing

Using exif based geotag photos from phone to JOSM is not always reliable over 2 years ago

What's even more weird is when I checked the details of the photo in the phone, it reports the lat/lon to up to 15 decimals! Way too much IMO.

1,074,201 things to do for OpenStreetMap, literally. over 2 years ago

Great! Any plans for a worldwide coverage?

Quezon Ave - Araneta Ave Underpass Now Open but... over 2 years ago

The underpass is now in OSM, please check later if the routing is OK.

hi-res imagery for Leyte and problems with OSM :( about 3 years ago

If you click on the Bing Aerial (Labeled) layer in this link: http://tools.openstreetmap.org.ph/imagery_coverage/#10.3271,124.791324,17

The closed source data is even worst. Unfortunately, I cannot edit it. The problem with closed/proprietary. :)

Perhaps we can also discuss this in the PH mailinglist so that other mappers can help and standardize the tags.