jumbanho has commented on the following diary entries

Oh TIGER... 4 days ago

Yeah, sadly, the whole of Appalachia is like that, except for the few places where mappers live or visit.

Strava traces/slide, can help in the alignment if there are a lot of bikers in the area.

Using Open Street Maps 26 days ago

Field paper is nice, too: http://fieldpapers.org/

NC 885 does not exist and does not appear to be planned, why is it on the map? about 1 month ago

I think it's fantasy. You'd be best contacting the user first and if they don't delete it, then do it yourself.

They did a bunch of upgrading of US-64 around Jordan Lake that I was unsure of, too. I haven't been down there in a couple of years, though.

New MapRoulette Challenge: Crossing Ways about 2 months ago

Does this work for cycle/foot- ways, paths and tracks, too?

Bootlegger's Run Trail 4 months ago

Have you tried the Strava activity heat map alongside their Slide tool? There are enough points to plot the trails: http://labs.strava.com/routing-errors/#250/16/-90.47567/38.71693

To use: 1. Click on the edit button (page with a pencil icon in the upper right) 2. Go through OSM login process 3. Draw line that roughly follow the heatmap 4. Select line 5. Press slide button on menu that pops up.

It's an awesome tool for this!

Wetlands 9 months ago

Those objects were also touched by the redaction account. I remember wierd stuff like that happening due to ways being split by non-agreeing users then those entire segments being redacted. This looks like compounding data issues with imports and redaction.

Wetlands 9 months ago

I was just looking around at some of the errors and found some edits by the redaction bot. I wonder if it played a role in that particular disaster.

Square north of Highway 8 in Minnesota, USA - Quarry or HVDC electrode almost 2 years ago

Just as an added hint as to why, first, the soil is fresh suggesting regular activity and second, there are big rolls along the south end which are probably rolls of peat. Third, there are several field entries from the road which are probably used by trucks to pick up the peat. I don't know much about what grounding electrodes would look like, but I assume they wouldn't need that many service entrances.

The Bing imagery looks like a peat moss quarry to me.

Allotments over 2 years ago

landuse=allotments ?

Green River, Wyoming, USA over 2 years ago

Welcome to OSM, looks great. I've stopped for lunch in Green River and I'm glad that in the future I will be able to use OSM with confidence when I am there.

I minor recommendation--try to connect foot/cycle ways to nearby and crossing roadways with a common node. This will allow a routing program to provide directions across those different ways.