escada has commented on the following diary entries

Пешеходный роутинг: чатик посовещался и решил 11 days ago

The same is true for bicycle, that is also part of access. Do you know bicycle=use_sidepath ? it is used for exactly the same reason: prevent routers from sending cyclist over the main road while there is a cycle path next to it (that has to be used in normal circumstances).

Пешеходный роутинг: чатик посовещался и решил 12 days ago

why not foot=use_sidepath similar to bicycle=use_sidepath ?

Belgian Mappers of the Month: Ruben & Josefien 20 days ago

That's a funny way to explain what you are doing. I have never been bothered, but I survey while I walk the dogs. People expect to see people walking dogs everywhere, so they don't mind. And I usually take notes on a GPS, which looks like a phone from a distance. Nobody care when you are texting

Kleine veranderingen about 1 month ago

Hallo,

welkom bij OSM. Hopelijk zien we snel je eerste bijdragen verschijnen. Volgens mij is het wel niet gebruikelijk om voor iedere individuele parkeerplaats een amenity=parking te creëren. Die worden volgens enkel gebruikt voor grote plekken waar veel auto's kunnen staan, zie ook de uitleg onder de wiki pagina

Misschien eerst eens navragen op het Nederlandse forum ?

alvast veel plezier met het mappen

Rückblick auf die FOSSGIS 2015 in Münster und Ausblick auf die Zukunft der FOSSGIS about 1 month ago

Thanks !

it seems like all your links point to the same presentation

The actual link to Claas Leiners presentation is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhGeaTBfFuA&list=PLTli5-lbeoiYopkK5ixkgt1Uzh_0v6Z6T&index=11

Improving the OSM map - Why don't we? [3] about 2 months ago

I think they should be mapped as survey points

Improving the OSM map - Why don't we? [3] about 2 months ago

I've contacted to creator of the man_made=1417-32 node. Asked what the objects represents, and proposed to improve the tagging together. Hope (s)he understands English.

I've met several people that do not know about the existence of the mailing lists. With some luck they find the help website. I wonder how many people don't know about the community around OSM.

I've suggested elsewhere that it would be nice if the editors (iD, JOSM, ...) would show a help popup depending on the region you are editing. Each country could then add a short message with the best way to contact other mappers, be it email, forum, Facebook, irc, ...

Improving the OSM map - Why don't we? [2] about 2 months ago

Those bicycle repair stations where recently imported by Brice Nesbitt (if I'm not mistaken). I assume the import didn't had more details. It's up to the local mappers to add more detail. This is always the case in OSM. We start with the basics and later iterations will add more detail.

On the other hand, it's probably save to assume that such a repair station has all the basics to repair your bike. So why bother adding more detail ?

I'll agree with you on the recycle container, all the no's don't give any more value.

Improving the OSM map - Why don't we? [1] about 2 months ago

On one hand, it is better to have one tagging scheme for 1 feature. On the other hand you have just showed how easy it is to retrieve data using the different tagging scheme's. So you might wonder why it is a problem to have different schema's in place.

Maybe we should just develop a query language that can deal with different schemas and synonyms.

Busroutes in Brugge 2 months ago

I have been collaborating with Jo a lot and I have a total different impression on how he handles existing data. I'm pretty sure he is willing to listen to your arguments.

Busroutes are not imported. Jo wrote a script that generates a proposal based on the busstops. Before uploading, he tweaks the busroutes.

Even when you disagree with his method, it would be in the interest of OSM to use the same version of the public transport tagging scheme in all of Belgium. I don't know whether this is a problem at this moment.

You won't find a lot of (Belgian) people with an interest in busroutes via your diary I fear. Almost all discussion is going on on the Belgian mailing list. This is by far the most popular way of communicating with other mappers.

Anyhow, good luck with your quest.

regards

Escada

Home Town Areal View 2 months ago

Impressive

ATMs in Belgium 2 months ago

I had the same reaction as aseerel4c26 . This looks like an import and some rules have to be followed in such case. Please join the Belgian mailing list to discuss.

regards

Turn lane (how to) 2 months ago

Since there are 4 lanes, and you positioned the OSM-way in the middle of the 4 lanes, there is no need to add placement:forward=left_of:1. A placement is only needed when the OSM-way is not in the middle of the real road.

Happy lane-mapping from another turn:lane mapper

Some basic statistics for the state of the map in Flanders, Belgium 2 months ago

I wonder why you say that the extra information of the road network is on the nodes ? As far as I know, road information goes on the way (maxspeed, maxheight, lanes, turn:lanes, destinations, etc.) or did I misunderstand that piece ?

Editing with Overpass and Level0 3 months ago

I could have written a program that called http://para.ms/relict/ (the old scheme) for all numbers between 1 and 999.999 and counted how many 404's were returned. And only proceed when the answer was 999.999. In that case I would have analysed each URL, not ?

As for the the fire hydrants, I want to stress that I only edited those objects of which I was the last editor. Even when they were simply moved by someone else, they were not included in the overpass query since the "username=escada" part would not return them.

I could not repeat that one, as I have added underground fire hydrants since then.

New Telenav Mapping Project: Dual Carriageways 3 months ago

I usually have to do the opposite in Belgium. I have to change 2x2 lanes only divided by a white line that are mapped as dual carriageways to 1 way for both directions. This is needed when there are places where you allowed to cross the central line to access houses on the opposite side.

It's elegant they said. It will be eaiser to change street names they said. 3 months ago

I'll admit that changing the wiki page right now is not a good idea. It's even difficult to start a discussion on how a good AS should look like at this moment.

Please note that I have added many AS in the past ( maybe >100), but given the current set of tools (e.g. the terrace plugin in JOSM), other people that do not keep AS up to date, the fact that the Belgian community decided to have addr:street on the nodes anyhow, people complaining about my tagging because KeepRight (?) did not recognized AS and insisted on addr:street, validation problems with streets with multiple names, POIs that repeated housenumbers, and maybe some other causes, I stopped creating them. AS just slowed me down without giving me something back

So for me there were more disadvantages than advantages, that's maybe a better explanation for my rethorical question above

I still like the idea behind AS, but don't see how the benefits hold when there is an alternative way that has to be supported (see my remark on Belgian convention).

I think that the vague definition of associatedStreet is also causing a lot of different unfulfilled expectations. I have read that that people put all street names and translations on the AS so they only have to change it once, some people still create multiple AS for each street segment. Other people hope that Nominatim takes the street name of city of the AS in case it is mentioned there.

Vincent now turns it in to a collection relation of all objects with the same addr:street.

In order the be useful, the definition should me much clearer, the editing & QA tools should give better support, more data consumers should use it, etc.

Since addr:street provides more or less solutions for all of this, why should I bother with AS ? (rhetorical question)