dcp has commented on the following diary entries

Walking Papers 5 months ago

To RobJN. Thank you. I was missing something! It worked very well.

Walking Papers 5 months ago

Thanks for the info. However, I could not zoom in enough to add minute details such as paths, doorways, house numbers, post boxes, etc.

Is this a built in limitataion or am I missing something?

Building not visualized. Weird mistake! 11 months ago

@maxerickson I don't know how you did it but well done: I don't use twitter.

@FraMauro. As maxerickson insinuates the error was readily recognisable in OSMI as shown in this example. It is always advisable to check your work using the OSMI and Keepright.

After all we all make mistakes

Egypt-Sudan Un-correct Border JOSM help 12 months ago

@ رامز Can I assume that Schäuble Michele will take over this task. He seems to have more knowledge than I do.

Egypt-Sudan Un-correct Border JOSM help 12 months ago

This border was last edited by RedFox (Language French).

http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/RedFox on the 27.Dec.2013.

It was initially entered by Schäuble Michele

http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Sch%C3%A4uble%20Michele on the 28.Jan.2008

It would be advisable to contact them first.

If you have no success I'll do it.

Wette gewonnen! 12 months ago

@aseerel4c26

Although they are not "false positives" they are still errors and have to be corrected so we do agree!

Why the world needs OpenStreetMap 12 months ago

Very philosophical. Well done!

Wette gewonnen! 12 months ago

@aseerel4c26

IMHO kann es keine "false positives" bei "beinahe Verbindungen" geben. "Highways" sollten mit noexit=yes getagt werden wenn sie nicht mit einer anderen highway verbunden sind!

Relation EV6 wird in der Radfahrerkarte in Ungarn und Slowakei nicht angezeigt about 1 year ago

It is also clearly visible here:

Motivation for Contributing to OSM about 1 year ago

Yes, I do think that we should raise the bar on newbies' contributions.

Yes, we all make mistakes and most of the newbies learn through their own. We don't want to hinder them in their initial endeavours, or do we?

I have had most of my work changed/improved, most of it good but sometimes not so good. It is usually newbies making erroneous edits because they cannot always see the geometry behind the geographical data.

Relations/Multipolygons/turning instructions, etc. are usually not easily understood by newbies but they can change/mutilate them at will.

When it happens I contact the newbie and it about 50% of the cases I received a positive response, the other 50% just don't answer; reason unknown but I can guess why!

As OSM progresses it is even going to get more cluttered/complicated so IMHO I would expect the OSMF to rethink their present open ended philosophy. I have my ideas but I consider the OSMF to be more competent to debate this issue. Surely that is part of their mandate anyway!

Straßenlistenauswertung about 1 year ago

I agree with your sentiments that the list should be maintained. I have completed D-53359 Rheinbach and it is now 100% correct (I hope). I am not prepared to go to other PLZs and do their work, so the list is no longer of any importance to me and as it is not be maintained I won't look at it again. I think other contributors would agree with my conclusion.

But, as I said, I do agree with your sentiment and pity that it not being maintained.

Straßenlistenauswertung about 1 year ago

D-53359 Rheinbach, Stettinerstraße ist geändert worden: Ich war heute vor Ort. Es ist jetzt die Franz-Wendler-Staße und ist seit 7.Aug.2012 in OSM erfasst. Auch die Stadt-Karten für Touristen sind geändert worden.

Die Franz-Wendler-Straße ist mit old_name=Stettinerstraße seit 10.Aug.2013 getagt.

Straßenlistenauswertung about 1 year ago

D-53359 Rheinbach, Stettinerstraße geändert worden (Ich glaube): Ich werde es vor Ort prüfen.

Straßenlistenauswertung about 1 year ago

In D-53359 Rheinbach habe ich Freisleben-Straße in Freislebenstraße geändert.

Straßenlistenauswertung about 1 year ago

In D-53359 Rheinbach-und Nebenorten gibt es keine Straße "Parkplatz Freizeitzentrum" , auch nicht in Google.

Straßenlistenauswertung about 1 year ago

In D-53359 Rheinbach-und Nebenorten gibt es keine Ladestraße , auch nicht in Google.

Straßenlistenauswertung about 1 year ago

In D-53359 Rheinbach-und Nebenorten gibt es keine Straße "Gut Waldau" , auch nicht in Google. Ein "Gut Waldau": Ein Pferdehof das gleichzeitig als Adresse gilt, d.h. ohne Straßebname. Es ist seit 13.März 2013 korrekt erfasst.

Straßenlistenauswertung about 1 year ago

In D-53359 Rheinbach-und Nebenorten gibt es keine Klosterstrasse, auch nicht in Google. In Rheinbach-Wörmersdorf gibt es ein Kostergasse. Es ist seit 17.Juli 2008 korrekt erfasst.

Mapping in Thailand about 1 year ago

Multipolygons don't seem to be understood by many contributors: For example: Take a look at:

and this is CA, where many intelligent people live and it is not confined to USA. It is endemic to the whole OSM-World.

You can have multipolygons within multipolygons but you should try to avoid them if possible (newbies won't be able to understand them), and it usually possible do so.

I, too, once mapped a reservoir: Link to Blog:

It , too, was done almost perfectly but over time the newbies moved in and ruined it (my opinion), but I a thankful that it still is visible in OSM although not correct to OSM standards.

I assume that you have read the OSM documentation on multipolygons so you should be aware of what you are doing. Should you have need for advice/assistance then do ask for it: The OSM community is very responsive.

Mapping in Thailand about 1 year ago

I forgot to mention that it is advisable to keep the nodes per sector lower than the 2000 allowed. Reasoning: Even if your work is perfect, some one will come along and add/make changes to it. Keeping the number of nodes well below 2000 will reduce the chance that a sector has to be divided!