Some walking trails that could use some mapping out:
- Barnet Marine Park - DONE The overpass walkway is mapped out. Are there any more trails that it's connected to? DONE
- George Derby Conservation Area - Major trails done, some minor trails in woods.- There's some intermediate hiking trails in this park. Probably best mapped out in spring when it's warmer and there's more daylight. Unmapped area is mostly on West side of the park. This will probably take 3 hours.
- Robert Burnaby Park - Major trails done - has a couple km's of walking trails. Done.
- Forest Glen Park - Burnaby - 3 or 4 km's of walking trails in parkland.
- Discovery Place conservation area. about 1km of trails in here. This is just west of BCIT.
- South Burnaby walkways. Near Boundary and Carson road, there's a ped overpass, and some walking trails as well as grass tracks in the Matheson Crescent area.
- Deer Lake - there's a trail starting from Brantford Avenue. I suspect it goes northwest and connects to the deer lake trail network. may be a difficult hiking trail.
DONE (by pnorman)- New Westminster - there's some riverfront trails that run from Cumberland south to Front Street along the river in a park setting. approx 2-3 kms.
- New West - DONE Queens Park - I think there's some more walking paths that could be mapped out.
- Aldergrove Lake - There's 20km's or so of cycling, walking and horse trails around aldergrove lake regional park. I cycled it once.. but can't find my gpx track.
- Campbell Valley Regional Park. There's lots of horse trails around this park. Cycling not allowed though. I think this would be a good park to map out for a 'mapping party' or organized mapping event.
Surrey - Tynehead park. I think this place has a lot of trails yet to be mapped out. (nov 27, mapped visible tracks from yahoo imagery)
Mostly done - (traced from Y. Imagery, approximated 2 sections)
White Rock - Semiahoo Trail - unmapped section south of 148 street / 28th ave.
The Semiahoo trail is a historic trail from when early survey crews were at the US border, and had to travel to Fort Langley. Need to do GPS survey or get Surrey paths from free download.
Also, the 2 large parks to the southwest are unmapped. actually, most of White Rock's parks are unmapped.
Delta Watershed Park - some unmapped trails on southeast part of the park. Also, I'm sure my old GPS was affected by trees and terrain, so a remapping of the south east part of the park is probably a good idea for better accuracy.
Work in Progress
Langley / Surrey - needs checks to verify that intersecting roads actually intersect at a node. Last time I looked, some imported roads weren't connected to some manually added roads. It's easy to burn a few hours on a rainy day checking roads in the potlatch editor.