OpenStreetMap

Zverik has commented on the following diary entries

Post When Comment
To all recklessly editing newbies 4 months ago

also, to experienced mappers Imgur

Experimental Overpass attic support in Achavi (augmented change viewer) 4 months ago

So basically, if you add RSS, achavi would completely replace now abandoned new OWL?

Bus stops in Omsk, Russia 5 months ago

Нет, читаю всё на http://blogs.openstreetmap.org :) Вполне вероятно, что такси, хотя зачем им остановки...

Bus stops in Omsk, Russia 5 months ago

Ты ему в личку написал? Он не покусается, с большой вероятностью :)

Data that I capture with my phone 5 months ago

I spoke at SotM EU 2014 about mapping behind the wheel: http://sotm-eu.org/en/slots/2

Nik4: mapnik → image 6 months ago

Rostranimin, thanks for your suggestions. Of course I'm writing from a position of a skilled programmer who's spent some days struggling with Mapnik and most of tools surrounding it. It's very hard to change my point of view :)

The task is quite simple: getting a raster (or vector) image of a map. Currently there are two options: download tiles (256×256 images that web maps are built from) and stitch them (just a bit harder than making a screenshot, see BigMap), or load OSM data into PostgreSQL, install Mapnik and make it render an area for you. Since Mapnik is a library, not a user-oriented program, you need an external tool to which you feed geographic bounds and image size. Nik4 is such tool: basically, after going through all steps to install and load everything, you can switch your brain off and just feed Nik4 numbers, or even URLs, and it would give you images.

Georeferencing is just an icing; most users don't need that. Just making plain images of maps was a hard task — before Nik4.

Android OSM apps 6 months ago

In case it wasn't mentioned, try OsmAnd. It's great.

Does it render? 6 months ago

Can you process multiple styles with this? For example, to answer "it doesn't render with the default OSM style, but try switching to Humanitarian layer".

Свежий JOSM не любит шестую яву 6 months ago

Ты сообщил в трекер?

Быстрые какие... 6 months ago

Ты в осмерском аду!

Nik4: mapnik → image 7 months ago

Thanks! I've restructured the stub page a bit. For now I don't know what to add there, besides links to the announcement and github. We'll see.

Плохо прорисована окраина Гомеля. 7 months ago

Удачи! :)

Grouping Mapnik's labels 7 months ago

Of course, hard to argue with that. Sadly I don't see even tickets in github tracker on that: closest thing is layered svg (which tilemill still does not produce). I've opened issue 2229.

Moskowskoje Morje 7 months ago

All other renderers show the area correctly. This is possibly related to administrative borders rendering.

A year with imagery offset database 8 months ago

I know the page is too long — try this illustrated tutorial.

Crimea in OpenStreetMap 8 months ago

In this political map I've manually updated data in a PostGIS database, and rendered a patch for Crimea, which I then overlayed on top of a world map. Much visual effect comes just from different colouring, which is easy to create using one of TileMill's example projects.

А вы уже в Крыме? 8 months ago

Правильно - в Крыму, но о Крыме. Только что посмотрел, поправил в заметке, спасибо.

@Spammers not welcome here@ 8 months ago

https://twitter.com/shtosm/status/445864437527085056

Статус АР Крым в OSM 9 months ago

бгг автор, предлагай ещё

Сбор адресных данных для OpenStreetMap с помощью навигатора 9 months ago

Отличный и подробный текст, спасибо. Из поправок — что вместо building:material чаще используется building:cladding.

Также удобно собирать номера домов с обходными листами, где контуры этих домов уже есть, обрисованные по спутниковым снимкам.