It now supports:
- Simple access to all tile layers
- Add your own legend for each tile layer (a few are available out of the box)
- Simple access to current weather data (cities/stations)
- Support for OWM's free API key
- Caching of current weather items
- Automated refresh of current weather data every n minutes
- Loading indicator (which can be customized or switched off)
- Simple client side clustering of current weather items
- A lot of configuration options to customize what data to display when using the builtin popup
- Provide your own function for generating markers or popups
- Prepared for other languages (en is default, de, ru and fr are available but incomplete yet)
All configuration options and some example code how to use this library are documented on Github - have a look at README.md. A wiki page with a short overview is available, too: User:Zartbitter/OpenWeatherMap
Example map using this library: http://map.comlu.com/openweathermap/
Are you an expert in meteorologic terms? Are you speaking German, French or Russian? Or do you want to translate everything to an additional language?
OWM sends weather conditions in English and I need translations to de, ru and fr. Some weather conditions are translated, but some are left to you. The translations are in leaflet-openweathermap.js, L.OWM.Utils.i18n starting at line 812 (at the moment). Please try to use the meteorologic terms used by native weather services.
Feel free to contact me if you want to provide some missing translations (or even a yet unused language).