TomH has commented on the following diary entries

Are most subway stations actually railway=halt? 5 months ago

I have reverted that change in the wiki now, so it is back to the original meaning.

Are most subway stations actually railway=halt? 5 months ago

See also http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Tag:railway%3Dhalt&diff=1172853&oldid=1146096 where the original UK based definition was changed to the German one in the English language wiki in order to "fit content to German version".

Are most subway stations actually railway=halt? 5 months ago

I rather suspect some crazy person has got at that wiki entry...

In common parlance, at least in the UK, a halt was typically a small rural station - to quote wikipedia on the subject:

A halt, in railway parlance in the British Commonwealth, is a small station, usually unstaffed or with very few staff, and with few or no facilities. In some cases, trains stop only on request, when passengers on the platform indicate that they wish to board, or passengers on the train inform the crew that they wish to alight.

Certainly I'm sure that was the definition that people had in mind when railway=halt was first used.

It may be that in Germany the definition given on that wiki page is the normally accepted one in common language, but that doesn't mean it magically changes the meaning of the OpenStreetMap tag, though to some extent meanings can vary from country to country anyway.

Test 5 months ago

Test failed

But Why? 8 months ago

Well it's certainly not there for you to spam people with.

Street names in Indonesia are not working nicely. 9 months ago

Fixing Nominatim is the correct solution. All names should be entered unabbreviated in OSM.

DO NOT FORGET TO SPEND TIME ON Grass&Green 10 months ago

With respect it's up to our users what they choose to spend their time on and I don't think issuing orders in capital letters in your subject is really the most productive way to encourage people to engage with your pet project.

admin boundaries: TIGER vs OSM... 11 months ago

I have no idea if this is the issue or not, but you do realise that the data in OSM is TIGER2005 and not TIGER2015 right? So it's entirely possible the IDs just aren't aligned between those two data sets...

Size of words 12 months ago

You (as a data editor) can't control that. You are providing data describing the world, not instructions for a specific rendering.

The default rendering is controlled by the stylesheet at https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto so if you want to increase the size of text that is the place to ask and/or offer help.

"Duck Lanes" on OSM? about 1 year ago

I'd suggest pr_stunt=yes personally...

Catarman Airport runway and highway crossing about 1 year ago

It's not the only one by a long shot - have a look at Gibralter or Sumburgh to see how it's done there.

Delete Diary Entry over 1 year ago

Only by asking an admin currently, but I've just done it for you...

Firefox 35 update over 1 year ago

Note that this only affects MacOS and not other builds of Firefox 35.

Learn-a-tag: driving_side=left/right over 1 year ago

Looks like there is a small piece of the one in Twickenham marked in that way. My guess would be that it's not public highway and it was the car park operator who applied those bizarre markings.

Learn-a-tag: driving_side=left/right over 1 year ago

I'm not sure I'm buying that one in Twickenham. Evidence suggests it certainly was one way going south and I think it's highly unlikely that a public highway would have changed to require driving on the wrong side.

There is, fairly famously, one road in the UK where you drive on the right and I always led to believe it was the only one. There is a note on it (http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/4253954) which agrees, although it is missing the driving_side tag.

SSL Tile Down? over 1 year ago

There was an issue with the Taiwan cache server the other day, and it looks like they only unblocked the http port and not https when they fixed it.

I've reached out to them to get https fixed.

Now Live: Notes Posted By Scout Users over 1 year ago

Please don't use api.openstreetmap.org for links to web views... Yes I know it works at the moment but hopefully one day we will be able to separate the api and web views...

02203 over 1 year ago

What is the source table?

What am I doing wrong, re: using the embed feature (its not working) over 1 year ago

It's not a web site bug though (or at least it works fine for me) so please don't ;-)

seeking Administrator almost 2 years ago

If you mean that local names are not being rendered in an appropriate font on the map then https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues is the place to report it.

Note however that a number of the more complicated languages can't be properly tackled until we upgrade mapnik 3 with harfbuzz support (mapnik 3 should hopefully be release in the near future, but there will likely be a delay before we can upgrade to it).