TomH has commented on the following diary entries

Street names in Indonesia are not working nicely. 22 days ago

Fixing Nominatim is the correct solution. All names should be entered unabbreviated in OSM.

DO NOT FORGET TO SPEND TIME ON Grass&Green about 2 months ago

With respect it's up to our users what they choose to spend their time on and I don't think issuing orders in capital letters in your subject is really the most productive way to encourage people to engage with your pet project.

admin boundaries: TIGER vs OSM... 3 months ago

I have no idea if this is the issue or not, but you do realise that the data in OSM is TIGER2005 and not TIGER2015 right? So it's entirely possible the IDs just aren't aligned between those two data sets...

Size of words 3 months ago

You (as a data editor) can't control that. You are providing data describing the world, not instructions for a specific rendering.

The default rendering is controlled by the stylesheet at so if you want to increase the size of text that is the place to ask and/or offer help.

"Duck Lanes" on OSM? 6 months ago

I'd suggest pr_stunt=yes personally...

Catarman Airport runway and highway crossing 6 months ago

It's not the only one by a long shot - have a look at Gibralter or Sumburgh to see how it's done there.

Delete Diary Entry 8 months ago

Only by asking an admin currently, but I've just done it for you...

Firefox 35 update 10 months ago

Note that this only affects MacOS and not other builds of Firefox 35.

Learn-a-tag: driving_side=left/right 10 months ago

Looks like there is a small piece of the one in Twickenham marked in that way. My guess would be that it's not public highway and it was the car park operator who applied those bizarre markings.

Learn-a-tag: driving_side=left/right 10 months ago

I'm not sure I'm buying that one in Twickenham. Evidence suggests it certainly was one way going south and I think it's highly unlikely that a public highway would have changed to require driving on the wrong side.

There is, fairly famously, one road in the UK where you drive on the right and I always led to believe it was the only one. There is a note on it ( which agrees, although it is missing the driving_side tag.

SSL Tile Down? 11 months ago

There was an issue with the Taiwan cache server the other day, and it looks like they only unblocked the http port and not https when they fixed it.

I've reached out to them to get https fixed.

Now Live: Notes Posted By Scout Users 12 months ago

Please don't use for links to web views... Yes I know it works at the moment but hopefully one day we will be able to separate the api and web views...

02203 12 months ago

What is the source table?

What am I doing wrong, re: using the embed feature (its not working) about 1 year ago

It's not a web site bug though (or at least it works fine for me) so please don't ;-)

seeking Administrator about 1 year ago

If you mean that local names are not being rendered in an appropriate font on the map then is the place to report it.

Note however that a number of the more complicated languages can't be properly tackled until we upgrade mapnik 3 with harfbuzz support (mapnik 3 should hopefully be release in the near future, but there will likely be a delay before we can upgrade to it).

Is it possible to view GPS traces on the map? about 1 year ago

It's not a feature we offer, no. The purpose of the GPS upload is to provide source data for tracing in an editor to create the maps.

GORDON'S ALIVE about 1 year ago

Importantly it is now translated into many new languages, including Aramaic and Ancient Greek. We are sure our users will find this extremely useful!

I feel nostalgic over 1 year ago

Well really it should mostly not load at all ;-)

firefox and id giving troubles over 1 year ago

A fix for this is rolling out now.

firefox and id giving troubles over 1 year ago

So I think we have nailed it down - it only happens when you are using https and there is a bug report at and a fix at