Skippern has commented on the following diary entries

Meu projeto atual: Santo Antônio do Descoberto-GO (RIDE) 3 days ago

@Ivaldo: Este que voce tentar fazer e bem complicado, e é muito fácil criar erros.

Voce deve estudar uso do tag boundary=administrative (com admin_level=10 para denomear bairros)

Para quadras pode tenta olhar como fui feito no Brasília, onde este sistema e implementada.

Os tags landuse= sao usados nos polígonos e multipoligonos, e dar um bom visual na mapa, para auxiliar mostrar onde ha residenciais, industria, comercio entre outros.

Qualquer duvida pode perguntar no nosso canal IRC (irc.oftc.net/#osm-br), o forum, ou no mailing-list talk-br@openstreetmap.org

Como usar a camada de ruas do IBGE 4 days ago

Realmente no JOSM não preciso adicionar camada TMS manualmente, existe na lista com o nome "IBGE Setor Urbano", também temos o camada "IBGE Setor Rural" na mesma lista.

Distritos (admin_level=9) no Mato Grosso do Sul 9 days ago

Voce ja tem um plano progressar este no todos estados?

Ajudando a fazer um OSM melhor. about 1 month ago

Bem vindo ao OSM, se voce tem perguntas ou duvidas, entre em contato com a gente no forum.openstreetmap.org, no canal IRC #osm-br ou no nosso mailing list talk-br@openstreetmap.org (cadastre-se).

Bom ver algumas do AP, e um região que não ha muito mapeado, parcialmente como voce diz por falta de imagens atualizada, mas também porque a floresta densa fas rastreamento difícil.

Nos temos muitos ferramentas para te ajuda em melhorar nosso mapa, qualquer coisa, bem vindo.

No joy this weekend about 1 month ago

@Gerald

Much of the data in your area was imported by lmpinto back when GeoMinas confirmed their data in license compatible with OSM License, I think there have been a few other heavy contributors as well, but as far as I know, most of these have not been much active since 2010. There are few users from the first years that still contribute to the project, apart from me I think Claudiomiro (first registered Brazilian), vitorgeorge, Nighto and umehling is of the oldest contributors still active.

And yes, monitoring such large areas occupy much time, correcting errors and damages from new and inexperienced users are difficult and take up much time. And there are things that can be done without much compromising the current status. What I would like to see is a much stronger system to force changeset comments, as this would help me in how much time I need to check each individual changeset, further I would like that new users get a friendly community welcome message, for users contributing first time in Brazil this should be in Portuguese, presenting our mailing list, forum link, WikiProject Brazil page, and irc channel among other useful information, so that the new users are presented with where he or she can ask for help if they are in doubt, among other.

Myself I am monitoring the state of Espirito Santo, which is quite a large area, and just as my work severely limited the time I have available for OSM, I got a new user doing (until now) about 80 small changesets. As far as I can tell, nothing harmful, but it have taken close to all the time I have had available for OSM since thursday.

Testing of GPS, gathering tracks, new car, new job, etc about 2 months ago

@tomio

Conheco, mas como o cocard falta Mac BaseCamp instalador, vou depender manutenção das mapas manualmente. O garmin.openstritmap.nl disponebilizar arquivo em formato BaseCamp .gmap que significa um gerenciamento muito mais fácil.

Diary entry removed about 2 months ago

@Gerard The NTE users I believe are different branches of a company network, than the hotel, those are not likely to make more edits. "Just Testing" seems quite suspicious, but not likely to do any more edits. The users with a high number of edits is the "dangerous" ones. A new user making dusins, or even hundreds of edits in a short time, specially as a beginner, smells trouble. Unfortienately my experience is that these are not likely to answer any attempts of communication either.

For us monitoring areas, it would have been much help if people learned to comment on their change sets, any change set without any comments need to be examined very thoroughly, while a change set with a descent comment can be more superficially examined. (Also new users need to be watched more carefully, and also users editing "outside" their normal area).

We can no longer go on like this about 2 months ago

@keithonearth As an area mentor would be notified of new users editing in his area, it would be up to the mentor if he would do a "human greeting", I would surely give a quick greeting to any new contributors in an area I monitor, presenting myself and what I do in terms of monitoring.

A generic message would be sent at the moment first change set is closed, a human greeting might be sent somewhat later as it requires human interaction.

Giving the new user an idea about where to get in contact with the rest of the community at an early stage I think is a good way for him to be incorporated in the community. I would like to see the 10-20 active users in Brazil grow to 10-20 active for each state, and maybe also the same number for the greater metropolitan areas. If we can manage that during the rest of this year and the next, than I will feel the burden much more shared.

We can no longer go on like this about 2 months ago

We can no longer go on like this about 2 months ago

@keithonearth, @Gerald & others

There are several features that can help us in this task to prevent new users making damages.

Comparing UK/Germany/Netherlands with Brazil will not help much in this. Brazil have an extremely small active community, with an area to cover similar to the entire of Europe.

There are several points we can look at: 1) Editors should enforce users to write comments 2) Expereinced users could be nominated "area monitorers", an area monitorer should receive a message when a new user edits in that area. 3) The ability to "write-protect" special objects, and limit the number of users who can change them, this can be useful to avoid breakage of national boundary relations, and can be used to prevent edit-wars 4) A generic welcome message presenting new users to the communities where they does their first edits, these messages should be prepared for the different communities, presenting mailing lists, chat-lines, forums, etc.

There might be a few other things that can be done. Some easier than other, some have more effect than other, and some might require quite some work to implement. The editors are up to developers and maintainers of each individual editor, though I believe the other suggestions are possible to look into on the main API, or interfaces linked with the existing API.

We can no longer go on like this about 2 months ago

Gerald, I fully intend your concerns, and I am of those experienced users who "waste" quite a lot of time on others mistakes, wether beginners or more experienced contributors. I would love to see more of the beginners entering on the mailing list, and more of the contributors in general entering on our IRC chat, that way we could help more quickly, but answering questions to beginners and fixing problems where they occur.

I have had quite a high threshold against "messing with other's mistakes" but had to bite the grass and install plugins for reverting, and actually fix it myself. I monitor a quite large area (the entire state of Espírito Santo), and have to validate approximately 10-15 edits daily, with the quick superficial glance on most of them I still spend about 1 hour looking at other people's probably healthy work, on order to find a few extremely damaging edits.

It would be appreciated if new users could receive an official invite, so that we can get them onto the mailing list and the IRC chat, avoiding any great damages, and hopefully help newcomers becoming regular contributors instead of "fixing one POI and leave"-type users.

BTW: Gerald, you are hereby invited to participate on irc://irc.oftc.net/#osm-br Hope to see you there and hope we get more newcomers there.

4 826 424 "addr:country=DE" 4 months ago

I have tried to add addr:country, addr:state, addr:city and addr:suburb to the border relations, that way even admin_level=10 boundaries which hugs quite closely on the objects have the necessary information. That way only addr:housenumber/addr:housename, addr:street and addr:postcode need to be tagged on each object. In Brazil addr:postcode can be different from different sides of the street, some blocks might have its own postcode, even some buildings have independent postcodes, so deriving this from relations might be complicated. Also sometimes if the local postcode is unknown, a generic addr:postcode for the city can be added to admin_level=8 relation (which should be overdid by the addr:postcode on each object where those are known). in many cases associatedStreet relations will be too complicated (should we have one for lefthand side and another for righthand side?). It is much easier for entering and maintenance to have this information on each individual object, and should not impede data consuming in any significant way.

As far as I know, the entire municipality of Divino de São Lourenço have 1 postcode, and the rural districts of Guarapari share a generic postcode while the urban areas mostly have postcode for each street (with some exceptions).

Data that I capture with my phone 4 months ago

I think I will start using Mapillary more, currently have no good way of recording tracks with my iPhone, but when I can set up my Garmin Nüvi GPS unit I record tracks. I use Go Map! a lot when on the road, a quick way of adding gas stations, restaurants, and other I observe along the road (not while actually driving though, more actively as passenger, or when we stop for a break)

An Open Call for a New iPhone App 7 months ago

I use "Go Map!!" on my iPhone and my iPad, works great though there have been no new version for some time.

osm2pgsql command lines 11 months ago

In the beginning, there was the command line :#

Garmin Nüvi 50 with OpenStreetMap over 1 year ago

Thanks for the feedback

I have experienced a few "bugs" in the map, and already corrected some. A few new POIs have been added and of course a few more streets. I'll aim to update my map from time to time - and keep looking for routing mistakes to fix turning restrictions and other details. Next tool would be a mapdust tool for iPhone to make notes where I need to go back in JOSM later to fix

1 million is a big number almost 2 years ago

I saw you mentioning a few editors, just to inform, I am part of a small selected team to betatest OSMiOS, a full scale editor for iOS, which according to the developer will be released for public free download in App Store within a month or so.

This is probably thebyear we see editing goes mobile, with hundreds of mobile devices contributing with adding buildings, POIs, roads, addresses and much more.

OSMiOS at current state are able to create, edit and delete nodes, ways and closed ways, though cannot merge or split ways, and can only read relations. It have the most complete tagging preset I have seen in any application (only JOSM with additional loaded presets can overgo it), as well as free hand matrix tagging. If you are an iOS user, look for it in the App Store in near future

Severe flooding almost 2 years ago

The solution though is not to tag several riverbanks for the same river, but to find alternative tags adding the information you look for. In you case floodplain and flood_prone are probably the most correct. If there are permanent riverbeds within the floodplain, that normally are dry outside of flood season, than that should be tagged as an intermittant river, etc. This way you separate the river, as a permanent flowing waterway from the flood rivers and the flood plains, where you only would expect water during flood seasons

Mirandopólis /SP (Completa) almost 2 years ago

Bom quando os paredes publicos com mais importance no um cidade e penitenciárias

Severe flooding almost 2 years ago

For verious reasons, my opinion is that the "normal" riverbank should be tagged, as this not only represent the most commonly observed river layout, but also is what is generally considered when buildingnroads, residential areas, industrials, etc, and also considered as "limits of the waterway" for shipping and boat traffic, planning of waterworks and aquaculture and more. O river bank that often dries in dry seasons can be tagged with seasonal, intermitten or similar, while areas that often floods can be tagged floodplain and flood_prone

Making several different riverbanks depending on season is very confusing, very demanding on data consumers, and IMO plain wrong