I updated the San Simon Barrier Structure Dam, which is located on the San Simon River southwest of Solomonville, AZ. It is an erosion control structure, consisting of an earthen dam with a Baffle Chute where the river passes through it. (I got the term Baffle Chute from Wikipedia). Here are the changes I made:
Documented the main road to the dam.
Added a way, with the tag waterway=dam, along the top of the dam. I also added the tag, name=San Simon Barrier Structure Dam, to the way.
Moved the node from the Tiger data, so that it is on the way that I added, on the Baffle Chute. I also corrected the spelling of San Simon on that node.
4, There's a footpath from the place where I parked to the top of the dam at one side of the baffle chute. I added a way for that, with the tag highway=footway, but I am not sure that the map was updated with this way.
I am a bit confused about the way the name of the dam is displayed. Last night, it appeared to me that the name was still displayed for the Tiger node, and that no name is displayed for the way that represents the dam. It seems to me that I should delete the Tiger node and that the name should be displayed on the dam, but I'm not sure if that's the right thing for me to do.