Mapper since: December 04, 2012 | Contributor terms: Accepted about 3 years ago
Yep. My username is actually my name. A bit about me: I just moved to Toronto(!) to study at U of T. I'll be working toward a PhD in planning and though I'm not sure what my dissertation will be yet, but it will surely involve cartography and open data. Before the move, I spent eight years living in Cincinnati, making maps and enumerating complaints about the state of transport there. I'm generally interested in cities, bicycles, public transit, and open data among other things.
What I'm working on at the moment
- Filling in my new little corner of Toronto :-)
- I sometimes armchair-map random things when I need a break from thinking. Usually I'll fly out to the TIGER badlands of rural Ohio and just start fixing things at random.
Some past projects using open spatial data
- The Cincinnati Bike Map was based almost entirely on OSM. I did quite a bit of editing to massage the data into shape for that one.
- A while back, I was intrigued by the spatial distribution of crosswalks and cul-de-sacs so you may noticed I've added a couple thousand of those in the Cincinnati area.
- I'm that guy who made the Cincinnati transit map.
- I also write the Cincinnati Transit Blog, which has lately become an outlet for my ongoing work in transportation geography more generally.