NE2 has commented on the following diary entries

Say what? about 2 years ago

Not I - I have no interest in arguing with a spammer internet marketing consultant.

Say what? about 2 years ago

Yes, the source makes sense. Look in the history - the building comes from an import. I suppose imports do make it easier for new users to add information...

Can someone explain this routing problem? about 2 years ago

Where are you seeing purple overlays? The only purple I see is the admin boundaries and the alternate route when you hover over the B at the top right of the route description: http://osrm.at/1sb

Why abbreviation expansion bots are better than human busywork: Exhibit One about 2 years ago

Buh? The human did change Stanley Avenue. MapQuest re-abbreviates when rendering.

Can someone explain this routing problem? about 2 years ago

Yep, it's fixed. I don't see any recent edits along I-80 here, so the OSRM guys may have changed something.

weird rendering issue - nodes missing? about 2 years ago

The nodes are certainly in the OSM database. But they're somehow not in the Mapnik database.

Sigh, I suppose it's unconstructive to complain about the actions of a huge multinational organization over 2 years ago

Why are you trying to get me to leave?

Again? I'm talking about the OSMF and this bloody 'redaction'.

Is Michigan lucky? over 4 years ago

It's a county-by-county thing. Where the counties contributed good data to TIGER, the TIGER data is good.

Moved to Maugansville, MD almost 5 years ago

If you want to add an existing relation, such as for I-81 in Pennsylvania, find it on http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Interstate_Highways_Relations, get the number (183751), click the way, click the middle button on the right side above the plus, type the number into the text box and find that relation, and add it.
To create a new relation, select that option, and add the tags like the ones listed at the end of http://api.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/relation/183751 . Then add it to the wiki page.

It's easier to use JOSM though. Once you have the ref tags added (through Potlatch if you prefer), download and open a file like http://www.informationfreeway.org/api/0.6/*%5bref=*%5d%5bbbox=-78,39,-77,40%5d (play with the bbox to get an appropriate size). If the relation appears in the relation box on the right, hit ctrl-F and find type:way ref="I-81" -child ref=81; if it doesn't appear on the right, you don't need the last part. If necessary, add the relation by clicking the 'j' link on the wiki page (make sure you have the remote plugin enabled). Then add the ways to the relation. If you need to create a relation, simply click an existing one and then hit the middle (copy) button, changing the route number.
The only disadvantage of using JOSM is that you can't add the direction as easily.

Florida state roads now complete almost 5 years ago

[edit] It would also be nice to see shields placed by relations, so they can be better-spaced (right now, a route split into many ways will have more shields than one represented by one way). I understand this is being worked on but there have been a few problems.

Florida state roads now complete almost 5 years ago

Honestly, I think the rounded rectangle is best for state roads; although they should be, not all state shields are as easy to read, which is a problem on the limited resolution of a map. U.S. and Interstate Highways and county roads should definitely use different shapes - the actual ones, perhaps simplified slightly, are fine. But for state roads, shields like Colorado's and Louisiana's squish the number into too small of an area.

What on earth is this? about 5 years ago

Why doesn't this match the aerial? Do they move it slightly every year?