Mele Sax-Barnett has commented on the following diary entries

JOSM workflow for tertiary roads about 2 years ago

And thanks Dion for the tutorial-- I usually have a reference .osm dataset that I copy tags over from, but this is a great approach for cases when I don't.

JOSM workflow for tertiary roads about 2 years ago

@Vincent: I think the reason why Dion uses the yellow centerline rule (I do as well) is because it's an easy, non-subjective way to tell that there is enough traffic on the road that the Department of Transportation has decided it needs to paint and maintain a centerline -- thus, it is "significant."

I'm sure that this doesn't hold true in other parts of the world, but it seems to work really well for Oregon considering the practices of our DOT and the DOTs of the cities within.

Less roads == better data? about 2 years ago

@Sundance: +1, this is the same strategy that I use when cleaning up tiger streets in a forested or rural area

Redaction Sadness over 2 years ago

That is sad!

I have that problem with JOSM sometimes as well, though only on my mac and never on the windows pc at work. Usually a reinstall/update to latest version clears up the problem for me for a while.

New TriMet Trip Planner released today! (uses OSM) over 2 years ago

Hi Alex,

Thank you for the feedback! If you want to know more about what goes into the "bike friendly" calculation, you can read about it in our FAQ -- click the question mark icon in the top right corner of the trip planner or go here.

Thanks, Mele

New TriMet Trip Planner released today! (uses OSM) over 2 years ago

More info here: http://trimet.org/maptripplanner

Using vector background layers in Potlatch 2 over 2 years ago

Richard, this is great! I will definitely be sharing this strategy with GIS folks I meet all the time that are interested in putting public/open data into OSM.

Some wiki edits over 2 years ago

Oops, sorry about the duplicate -- it didn't look like the comment had gone through.

Some wiki edits over 2 years ago

It's an open source project, so check out http://opentripplanner.org and keep an eye on the demo list page -- it's spreading like wildfire and might be coming to your area soon!

Some wiki edits over 2 years ago

The great edit has begun! over 3 years ago

Thanks, that's a good idea! I've been looking at keepright every so often, and I'll pass your suggestion onto the other interns as well.