TriMet, Portland's regional transportation agency, is holding a meet & greet for local OSM Mappers:
Friday May 13, 2011
4:00pm - 6:00pm PST
TriMet Center Street Administration Building
4012 SE 17th Ave.
Portland, OR 97202
• Meet other local OSM Mappers and the PSU students that are working on OSM improvements in the 4-county regional area.
• Observe our OSM editing process first hand and provide feedback: it is a manual and labor intensive process, it is not a data import. We are using up-to-date regional jurisdictional data and 6-inch ortho-rectified digital imagery flown in August 2010 as a reference with permission from the sources.
• Learn why we chose to invest in OSM and the community, rather than a proprietary mapping solution.
• See a sneak preview of the Open Trip Planner, TriMet's new open source multi-modal trip planner scheduled for release in Fall, and meet the developers involved in the project.
• Explore opportunities for collaboration and on-going maintenance (ex: local cities and counties can make street data available to the OSM community).
Using http://www.itoworld.com/static/osm_mapper.html, we were able to find some past and present active mappers for the Metro region.
Let us know if this time doesn't work for you, or if you are not local but interested - we can schedule a webinar or make other arrangements.
Bibiana McHugh (manager), PJ Houser, Betsy Breyer, Grant Humphries, and Melelani Sax-Barnett
TriMet, GIS and Location-Based Services