Hjart has commented on the following diary entries

Does Open Street Map have an input API? or Upload feature? 6 days ago

You are obviously very,very new to OSM (you didn't even make any edits yet). I recommend making at least a few (using iD) doing anything else and that you do not even consider importing anything before having considerable experience doing ordinary edits.

Strange routing? 20 days ago

This probably has to do with road classification: The Carmona exit route is trunk all the way with no speed limit given (in the OSM data), while Susana Heights is primary only as well as limited to 60 km.

JOSM+Terracer Now Almost Unusable for Relation Creation 22 days ago

Since JOSM is an open source project, entirely run by volunteers, one solution could be to find a developer near you, who could be convinced (possibly by promising a beer or two) to look into it. Hammering the existing overworked volunteers, obviously doesn't work.

The importance of sidewalks about 1 month ago

As far as I'm aware most pedestrian routing ignores oneway on highway=* that are not footway or cycleway.

Also note http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:oneway#Sub_keys_.2F_exceptions.

Do also note that http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Sidewalks#Sidewalk_as_refinement_to_a_highway is often a much better solution than complex networks of separately drawn sidewalks (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KISS_principle).

erster blogeintrag 4 months ago

"zum wohle der gemeinschaft beitragen". I love that :-). Thumbs up!

Why is Mack Hatcher so screwed up on the cycle view? 6 months ago

The data is ok. Just wait until the cycle view has caught up.

Aligning hiway to Bing imagery 6 months ago

I just had a look at the area again with the Strava cycling heatmap layer active (in JOSM) and see a lot of both major and minor roads covered. You may want to have a look at it, since these are generally quite reliable.

Also in my experience gps-traces collected while cycling are much better than those collected while driving cars or walking (since when walking you will often not keep your phone or gps-receiver steady).

Aligning hiway to Bing imagery 6 months ago

Do not take for granted that Bing imagery is correctly aligned. gps-traces may be not be accurate either, but since I see several that seem fairly good quality along that highway, I would trust them over Bing.

1000 6 months ago

No matter how small or large your edits are, Thank you for your continued contributions :-)

New Telenav tool: Fix missing and wrong one-way streets 8 months ago

Very nice tool. Found a few gems already. The vast majority of what I've seen so far has been false positives though (long stretches of primarily secondary and primary roads, which actually are bidirectional, but not dual carriageway)

Editing 10 months ago

Can you give examples?

All GPS-tracks in an area? 11 months ago

In JOSM's download window just check off "Raw GPS-data" (or whatever it's called in english). Good luck

First Major Edits almost 1 year ago

Did you find who removed your contribution?

Editor Does Not Work Kaart bewerker werkt niet about 1 year ago

Which editor are you using? iD? Potlatch? JOSM? Something else?

Rendering error; Street is't complete about 1 year ago

It's not really an error as such, it's just that some of the tiles at the various zoom levels takes longer to rerender than others. Give it some more time is the best advice I can give you. This behaviour can be rather confusing though and I've had to explain it to quite a few people. The standard layer seems to have fully rerendered here, so I suggest you use that for now.

Is it the moment for OpenStreetMap? about 1 year ago

Spot on! I love this post. It's not like we need to bow down to anyone or anything to continue doing what we already do.

Going to be using OSM for my charity walk next year, need some advice. about 1 year ago

A dedicated gps receiver is often better suited than a smartphone for tasks like the one you describe since it's batteries will usually last longer. There are a number of ways to load OSM maps onto Garmin receivers.

There's no real need to remove this diary btw.

Bitte um Mithilfe zur Beseitigung eines erheblichen Fehlers, den ich verursacht habe about 1 year ago

Another possibility could be to simply revert your changesets. I could do that if you wish.

First steps from Ganløse over 1 year ago

Hi and welcome.

I recieve a feed from http://resultmaps.neis-one.org/newestosm.php and discovered your contributions this morning. I regularly spend time checking what other mappers are doing, especially the less experienced. I'm sure you noticed (since I left notes on some of your changesets) that I made some changes to some of your work and I hope you're ok with that.

There's a danish language mailing list at http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk-dk and I and a few others like to lurk on [IRC](irc://irc.oftc.net/osm-dk) too. Hope to see you there.

Happy Mapping

Basemap over 1 year ago

What basemap? Do you mean the Standard Layer as found on osm.org?