Hedaja has commented on the following diary entries

New to OSM 12 days ago

noticed one thing It would be nice if you would add a short comment for you changesets (when uploading changes). This makes it easier for others to see what you have done.

New to OSM 12 days ago

Hello welcome to OSM =) If you have any problems and questions take a look at these links (http://www.openstreetmap.org/help)

Happy mapping Hedaja

Addressing about 1 month ago

If you want to print maps for walking surveys there is a service called FieldPapers (http://fieldpapers.org/) or WalkingPapers (http://walkingpapers.org). If you upload your notes (no matter printed with FieldPapers or WalkingPapers) to WalkingPapers.org you can directly use it georeferenced in JOSM.

Learn-a-tag: leisure=fitness_station about 2 months ago

Thanks reminded me that I still haven't mapped my whole travel this summer ;)

Where do you start with replacing shower screen seals? about 2 months ago

Spam

Voting is bullshit about 2 months ago

I can understand both factions. On one side i like the do-ocracy because its is possible to describe new things no one thought of before. But on the other side I'm (like most mappers) are data contributer and data consumer simultaneously. I think if tags only evolve and introduced because they are being used, we are going to get bigger distinctions betwen the different "sub" subjects of OSM (like Railways/highways). A lot of very active mappers tend to specialize on one topic. This means that active mappers might push this topic further without the view for similarities to other things. One example is the way proposed things are tagged: for highway the preferred way to tag is highway=proposed + proposed=type_of_street and for building the slightly more used way of tagging is: proposed:building=type_of_building. Having different ways to tag similar things in different subjects makes it a lot more complicated for cross subject mappers and for people who just started mapping. If there is a clear scheme how to map similar things people would know: "Hey I have a proposed building so I'm going to tag it like proposed highways I already tagged before". This would spare people of lot of work for searching in the wiki and on taginfo. Thats why I think some form of standardization is necessary. For example when introducing new tags do you use tag:suffix or tag + extra tag. I think for such things some type of voting is important. The way Voting works atm is not satisfying. The Voting process is well hidden in the depth of the wiki. Voting processes should be made more prominent by showing them on the wiki start page, Editors and other places mappers use. Another problem in my opinion is communication. The rich possibilities for communicating in OSM is blessing and curse at the same time. With forum/wiki (discussion pages)/ mailing lists/ IRC/ help desk/ (Changeset Comments) we have good communication tools for every need. But the bunch of places also separates users from each other. I think there aren't so many who are watching multiple or all communication channels. Sometimes this leads to situations in which one part of the community isn't aware of the other part, which leads to confusions. Another thing I see is that it's really hard to change old tags because you may have to do a mechanical edit and and it's always very hard to convince all active mappers that this won't break everything. But in my opinion changing old tags that are used a lot sometimes might be necessary to improve OSM. In this case I think that "projects using this tag" of taginfo is very important. Data consumers should be encouraged to document their used tags so that they could be automatically notified when any changes in tagging happen. If all developers are notified in advance they would have the possibility to make their code changes and be ready for the day the new tagging starts. A defined time span and developer notification for bigger changes would weaken mappers argument that a change in tagging would break all there beloved apps and map styles. I'm aware that big mechanical edits are always critical. Just like now they should be well documented and tested.

Mapillary and cylceway tagging question about 2 months ago

Nice...keep on the good work =)

Mapillary and cylceway tagging question about 2 months ago

If you have similar situation and need help it is better to ask in the forums or in the help site. There are more people who might reply to your questions. https://help.openstreetmap.org/ http://forum.openstreetmap.org/

Mapillary and cylceway tagging question about 2 months ago

thats almost how I would do it bicycle:lanes describes the bicycle access for all lanes. If bicycles are allowed on the other lanes it should tagged with yes (otherwise no). It could look like this: bicycle:lanes:conditional=yes|yes|yes|designated @ (Su 07:00-15:00)

If the access restriction for other lanes is unknown, I think it is possible to just leave them empty: bicycle:lanes:conditional=|||designated @ ...

Short explanation for lane tagging. lanes are tagged from leftmost lane to the rightmost lane separated with |

For turn lanes it is visible that the leftmost lanes is a left turn lane so it should be more like this: turn:lanes=left|through|through|through

Mapillary and cylceway tagging question about 2 months ago

Thats a really complex situation =) Maybe these link could be useful https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Conditional_restrictions https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Lanes#Crossing_with_a_designated_lane_for_bicycles https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:lanes https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:turn:lanes#Turning_indications_per_lane

For the informations you gave us I would tag the part of the street thats visible in the mapillary link like this: lanes=4 turn:lanes=left|through|through|[throught (might be through;right,,thats not clearly visible)] bus:lanes:conditional or lanes:psv:conditional (depending on access for taxis)=|||designated @ (Mo-Sa; Su 0:00-7:00, 15:00-24:00) bicycle:lanes:conditional=|||designated @ (Su 7:00-15:00)

Don't take this for a fixed tagging approach. Cases like this are at the edge of whats possible with current tagging "standards". If you have an idea how to improve and simplify this kind of lane tagging feel free to share it with the community.

greets Hedaja

JOSM 7777 released, with a brand new logo 3 months ago

Really nice! thanks to the JOSM team for steadily improving JOSM and thanks to all artists who contributed to the logo contest. I think if you would use one of the big banners as background for the JOSM splashscreen it would look awsome. I would prefere the banner of Felis Pimeja for this.

IndoorOSM and Wheelchair-Navigation 2 3 months ago

As far as I know using floor plans with permission would be okay for OSM. It sounds like the operators of the mentioned buildings are willing to spend their floor plans, so it should be no problem. I'm really legal expert so I would recommend asking the License Working Group (legal@osmfoundation.org ) or asking under help.openstreetmap.org Looking forward to your project ;)

greets Hedaja

Wohngebiet Zwickau 4 months ago

Als ehemalisch Zwickauer Mapper sag ich auch mal meine Meinung. Ich würde die Wohngebiete auf jedenfall größer machen. Nur wei eine kleine Straße dazwischen ist, ist nicht gleich das Wohngebiet zuende. Manchmal haben Wohngebiete auch ihre eigene (lokale) Bezeichnung und könnte so die Wohngebiete begrenzen. Dabei sollte aber auch place=suburb beachtet werden: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/DE:Tag:place%3Dsuburb Abgrenzen könnte man meiner Meinung nach zum Beispiel auch an größeren Straßen (z.B.: zwei getrennte Fahrbahnen)

Universal Refinish of DC 5 months ago

SPAM

wer kann helfen? 6 months ago

Die Funktion um Fehler und Hinweise zu melden findest du auf der openstreetmap.org Karte im untersten Bediensymbol rechts. Einfach anklicken, die Hinweis an die richtige Stelle schieben und das Problem so genau wie möglich beschreiben.

mfg Hedaja.

The first thing I mapped… 7 months ago

That looks very detailed =) But I Still have an idea left for you: fire hydrants (http://openfiremap.org/) http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:emergency%3Dfire_hydrant But at them moment there are other areas that have need of a good mapper. You might try http://tasks.hotosm.org/ and help ceate good maps for humanitarian relief.

mfg Hedaja

A New Journey 7 months ago

Welcome to OSM you can use OSM maps on your Garmin, too. Check out the wiki page for Garmin: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Garmin The way you started mapping is good. I can recommand JOSM if you want to make bigger edits later. It takes some time to get used to it but its really good and costumizable.

Happy mapping Hedaja

Time for a 'Map Your Outdoors Adventure' party! 7 months ago

OSM is already a fixed part of my travels. As long as there is enough energy for my GPS device =)

Verlassen Sie sich auf Job Coaching für bessere Platzierung in Ihrem Bereich von Interesse 8 months ago

SPAM!!

OSM Grass-land entities evaluation (Experiment) 8 months ago

very interesting..I already participated. The Problem ist h that these keys often mix whats physically there and how it is used (like park...you might have grass and tress but the whole thing is still a park) For visible objects I prefere landcover=..if i know how it is used the usage gets tagged seperatly. Sadly the owner of the landcover proposal isn't activly working on it :(