Glassman has commented on the following diary entries

Vision? about 2 months ago

Vision

Creating a vision is more than just having a Board meeting to brainstorm vision statements. It involves listening to stakeholders, doing surveys, testing ideals, and getting feedback. Did any of that occur in Seattle? Is there any documentation?

Our vision should challenging. The vision will help us set broad goals, such as increase gender diversity, addressing, or substantially increase the number of active mappers. Let's give those goals to the community to find ways to accomplish them. OSMF could help fund those goals

Having goals doesn't impact the mapper that just wants to map their neighborhood. It might mean better tools to help map.

Address

Addresses have a place in OSM. They should be one of our key features much like roads. In some locations, ie. the US, addressing is much easier. Others, such as some Latin American countries, addresses, as we know them, don't exist. That doesn't mean that we shouldn't attempt to find a solution.

OSM POI age of different cities around the world 3 months ago

Are you sure it is Melbourne Canada? Cout it be Melbourne Australia?

Connecting Communities With Improved OpenStreetMap Credits on Mapbox Maps 7 months ago

Great improvement. It would be nice to capture number of clicks on "Improve this map" link. It should give us some useful intelligence, such as the percentage clicking on the link and trend charts.

Clifford

MapBBCode: free maps for everyone about 1 year ago

What a great tool. Thanks!!!

National Park Service Mapping almost 2 years ago

Great to see someone else interested in mapping our National Parks. Most likely there are many people involved, we just don't hear from them.

Take a look at WikiProject US National Parks. The wiki page is a place where we can document tools available to help map the parks. I would appreciate it if you could add your findings about the NPMap team to the page. There is also a link to a NPS icon to OSM tag. It has many holes. Plus we need to get some new tags approved for use. For example ranger station. While we could use some existing tag, it wouldn't all that clear. And hopefully we can use this as a resource to get more people involved.

I was also thinking of proposing to the US community a Mapping Party of parks on June 1-2. This would coincide with the National Day of Civic Hacking.

I'm hoping I can count on your help. I can be reached directly at clifford at snowandsnow.us

Clifford AKA Glassman

Ugg I screwed up over 2 years ago

Let me know if you need help manually fixing the nodes. Can I suggest a smaller test next time?

Also, I have a list of businesses for the downtown area. Would be nice if we could work together to add know business to the buildings.

Clifford aka Glassman