GMHeyes has commented on the following diary entries

Recent edits not showing. 12 months ago

Thank you I do enjoy adding/editing, thanks to your answer I understand a little bit more, it took a while to understand Potlatch, it's very good and I know enough to get by! Everyones computer skill levels are different, unfortunately or fortunately as the case may be I dont have chance to sit in front of a computer screen all day, I am a Joiner/Carpenter and I know people who's computer skills take them all over the world but they cant put a shelf up :) I will keep batting on. Thank you

Recent edits not showing. 12 months ago

Probably explains why it's awkward to use. Sticks and stones

Recent edits not showing. 12 months ago

Please dont tell me what you think I may or may not need. And you guessed right, I would prefer an answer from someone else. And if I dont get one - I wont lose any sleep over it.

Recent edits not showing. 12 months ago

P.S What is the point in adding things to a map if certain things arent displayed on it? - It's a map!!!!

Recent edits not showing. 12 months ago

Have a look at openstreetmap? I'm sick of looking at openstreetmap. The reason openstreetmap is a zillion (as you put it) years behind countries like Germany is it is so bloody confusing to most here. I have shown openstreetmap and Potlatch to a few friends colleagues etc and it's the same reaction everytime 'I like the map but I would get bored doing that (Potlatch) it looks too complicated'! At the end of the day I have really tried to do my bit with it but I am getting towards the end of my tether. As far as I'm concerned sarcastic answers dont help people who are trying - they just get fed up and 'do one'. I have tried various forums, mailing lists etc, asked questions and it's always the same old story - not many people from the UK use this forum - I wonder why? The long and short of it is - people need encouragement and lots of help, and not everyone wants to go and look at openstreetmap.org. People starting out with this need things explaining, anyone and his dog can go to openstreetmap.org but its no good if it all looks Chinese. I have completed over 260 edits so far and the nearest 260 odd people to me have probably not done 260 odd edits between them - what does that tell you? This service relies on people like me, you only have to look at the area I live in to see how poor the map was before I started. I can download an updated map from a website where I am a paid subscriber, I do not have to take no further part in the editing side of things, but I do enjoy doing my bit, but it's times like this I find myself thinking 'why should I bother'.

Topo Hiking Map 12 months ago

Yes that looks like one of the cyclist maps.

Topo Hiking Map 12 months ago

Hi, sorry for the late reply, whats your location?

Cul-de-sac about 2 years ago

I use potlatch 2

Allotments about 2 years ago

Thanks to the above, it's the first time I have come across something without it's own category in Potlatch2. I will add the allotments later - in detail :)

I could do with a helping hand about 2 years ago

Craig - Thanks for your reply, how do I get to know if there is a meet in my area? I have looked at the members who live near me and the last time anyone did any editing was 9 months ago!!!

I could do with a helping hand about 2 years ago

UK map about 2 years ago

What I dont understand is why would anyone be willing to share data/contribute and then change their minds?

UK map about 2 years ago

So basically their data will disappear, and then slowly but surely be replaced by others who have agreed to the new licence? And the map will continue to go from strength to strength?

Campo Grande is a desert! about 2 years ago

Welcome to OSM

A week on about 2 years ago

Managed to export a small area of the map and using mkgmap have made an image file and uploaded it to my unit and it works! Next step is to try the whole of the uk!!!

A week on about 2 years ago

Thanks for the link but I have read that, mind boggling to the average computer user!

I'm hooked on this about 2 years ago

Thanks Bri, I think one of the main problems with me is that I have lots of questions to ask, but think that some of them might look stupid! Also when you say 'on the diary' what exactly do you mean? On my diary?

I'm hooked on this about 2 years ago

I'm taking it one step at a time, I wish there were more video tutorials.

I have set myself a task about 2 years ago

Hello mate, that looks superb! I'm a bit of a way off that sort of detail yet, a lot of this is still gobbledygook ;)

New to OpenStreetMap about 2 years ago

Thanks' thats a great help ;)