DaCor has commented on the following diary entries

GSoC'15 Project update 7 days ago

This is great work on a badly needed feature, nice work

Tasking manager for field data 16 days ago

What you outline is like a cross between Field Papers and Mapcraft with the best of both (and something else) mixed in

1. Make your grid in field papers, equivilant to the grid used in mapcraft.
  2. Complete a field survey with Field papers for a grid square
  3. Scan the sheet
  4. Add the field papers sheet url to the corresponding grid square on Mapcraft
  5. Remote mappers take a mapcraft tile, and open the area in JOSM.
  6. Using the field papers plugin in JOSM, copy the url from mapcraft and paste into JOSM
  7. Hey presto, your field survey notes appear as the imagery layer for that tile in JOSM
  8. Remote mapper grades the tile (heatmap scale, red to green) for how useful the field survey notes were and if there are any gaps
  9. Now you have a feedback loop between field surveyors and remote mappers :)

Thats the high level overview, buts its definetly possible to do what you are talking about using tools like that. Adding links to other sources, as you mentioned, is also easy to do.

Adding lake names to Ireland 28 days ago

super useful, cheers!

Sneak Preview of the Next Vespucci Release about 1 month ago

I look forward to trying it out

Karnataka 01/2007 to 12/2014: OSM Map Evolution about 1 month ago

You've done good work and the gif shows the progress in the area quite nicely

Second Attempt at OSM about 2 months ago

Your edits are most welcome :)

If you need any assistance, the OSM help site is very useful

OSM Seminar in the heart of Africa about 2 months ago

Nice work

map styles: Default OSM vs Google Maps about 2 months ago

The mapstyle becomes almost unreadable when you look at areas with smaller buildings and higher densities e.g. http://tools.geofabrik.de/mc/#15/-29.3249/27.5103&num=2&mt0=mapnik&mt1=google-map

As ppawel stated, anything you do to improve the situation will be considered a success.

A poor main mapstyle reflects poorly on the project as a whole and I welcome your involvement to implement improvements.

Top OSM Rank: Who are these crazy, amazing people? about 2 months ago

ah yeah, been busy lately,

Top OSM Rank: Who are these crazy, amazing people? about 2 months ago

aww, thought I would have made the list at #379, dang must be just outside the rankings

30000000 3 months ago

ohh so close!

Gauntlet thrown so. Next predicition is 2nd Nov 2015

Editing of Zambia and Botswana completed 3 months ago

hi Jan, did you happen to take many geotagged photos on your travels? If so, it would be great if you could upload them to mapillary

Also, out of curiosity, how long did the journey take you?

Broadening the Base and Sharing the Enthusiasm 3 months ago

Wow, thats fantastic, I look forward to reading whatever links you put up. I'd be interested to get their perspective on the various activities

Edits Tanzania completed 3 months ago

Jan, this must have been an epic journey

Proposed talk at both SOTUM and HOTOSM conferences!! 3 months ago

I'd map a field of corn, I'd map a minefield. There's no difference in terms of mapping

OsmAnd (Android) und Abbiegespuren 3 months ago

Hi atrus70

I understand your point, I was referring to the JOSM plugins which allow you to easily create relations for turnlanes (lane connector & turn lanes plugins) both of which are set for driving on the right only.

When I try to use them, any changes I try to make, happen to the opposite side of the road

Hedaja,

Thanks, those are useful

OsmAnd (Android) und Abbiegespuren 4 months ago

I wanted to add turn lanes but I could find no option to configure the turn lanes or lane connector plugins for driving on the left.

Does anybody know if there is some option that I missed that would allow me to use those plugins for Ireland and other countries in the same boat

Mobilisation around Critical Tasks 4 months ago

I saw you tweet about this one, it was done in no time, nice work

OSM-IQ 1.4.x supports the export to GeoJSON 4 months ago

ohh nice!

Who are the Missing Mappers? 5 months ago

Something I forgot to mention, having it on a Saturday and making it 6 hours means people are more likely to make an effort to travel that bit further to attend

This likely isn't an issue in larger cities, but if you want to include those from outside the cities then it really helps