A new version of FacilMap has been released.
Everything has been rewritten from scratch. FacilMap is now based on Leaflet, AngularJS and Bootstrap.
FacilMap is an online map that aims to bring together many useful functions in a usable and pretty way onto an open-source map based on OpenStreetMap.
- Different map styles: OpenMapSurfer, Mapnik, OpenCycleMap, Hike & Bike map, Public Transportation map, Hillshading overlay
- Find places and calculate routes. Routes are fully draggable.
- Show GPX/KML/OSM/GeoJSON files on the map (use Tools → Import File, type a URL into the search field, or simply drag and drop a file onto the map)
- Show additional information about places (for example opening hours or a link to the website). Press the map for 1 second somewhere to show information about what is there. (Uses Nominatim.)
- Zoom to the location of your device and follow it.
- New: Create custom collaborative maps on
myMapName. Markers, lines, routes and even GPX/KML/OSM/GeoJSON files can be added to these maps by everyone who has the link to the editable version of the map (every map has a read-only and a read-write URL), and changes are displayed live to everyone who is looking at the map at the same time. Advanced features include the definition of custom marker/line types with custom form fields and styles and the automatic generation of a map key.
- Can be easily run on your server or embedded into your website (see below).