BCNorwich has commented on the following diary entries

User Tracks about 1 month ago

Hi, have a look at JOSM, everything there is customisable. You can make your tracks whatever colour you wish.

Classification Survey about 2 months ago

Once you've been through all the introduction, in the right pane, (Interactive Map), click the + (plus) symbol which will bring up buttons to allow switching the base layer between OpenStreetMap and Bing Aerial.

iD Newbie friendly feature request 6 months ago

Nothing happening at #osm-gb

ayna 7 months ago

Hi, "yep then i deleted" Not quite, I can see you have now removed the last three tags but the node is still there.

Please say why you want to delete the place node? It was mapped on 19/08/2011 by account HOT Somalia Import (Non-PD) The place was obviously mapped for a reason by the Special account for Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team import for Somalia during the 2011 Horn of Africa famine crisis.

I would have thought that if it is doing no harm, you don't know why it was mapped and you have no reason to delete it then leave it alone.

Regards Bernard

how i can delete my account 7 months ago

Hi,

Your account can be removed as detailed here :- https://help.openstreetmap.org/questions/878/how-can-i-delete-my-account

There is lots of help available if you want to learn how to map with OSM, please just ask.

Regards Bernard

ayna 7 months ago

On reflection I can see now you have edited the node.

You've removed the tags website=http://ayna.org and source=UNDP_2006 and name=Istanbul

Is that what you intended to do? Regards

ayna 7 months ago

Your node
alt_name=Istanbul pcode=NA-3807-N10-003 place=village
is in the middle of an unoccupied area should it be deleted? No village there and certainly not Istanbul If you explain in a bit more detail what you want to do maybe we can help. Regards

First Edit 7 months ago

Welcome to OSM, good start, yes lots more to learn!

Home Cooking StreetMap 8 months ago

SPAM

Highlighting 2 ways simultanously in Openstreetmap 8 months ago

Hi There, I see you use Potlatch2 that's the same select/highlight as JOSM press and hold down "Ctrl key" hover the cursor over the way to be selected, click "left Mouse button", keep holding down "Ctrl key" or depress it again, hover cursor over next way to be highlighted, click "left Mouse button", repeat as many times as necessary. A quick but (I think clumsy) way to select/highlight several connected ways, or an area of ways, is to press and hold down "Ctrl key" then with the "left Mouse button" click and drag open a box covering the ways, release mouse button and all ways in, or part in, the box are selected. I think I've got that right. Regards Bernard

Give your opinion about the proposed tag "emergency=aed/defibrillator" 11 months ago

Hi, OK I'm lost, how and where can one vote. Regards

recent upload failures. 11 months ago

Hello There,

Most of your changes do show up, some mistakes to the tagging have been rectified by "mentor". The washing line tags have been amended, I don't really think these are suitable for OSM, aren't they of a somewhat temporary nature (could be removed took down), but each to their own way. Anyway I'm fairly sure washing lines won't be rendered on the OSM frontpage map.

Regards Bernard

Footpaths not connected 12 months ago

Hi, I forgot to say welcome to OSM.

Ahh yes, There is a gap, two nodes not joined at north of your new path.

Can I respectfully point out a few things. I've looked at the area on the Bing image 2011. I would say the vehicular way through the parking area ought to be a service road, type either driveway or parking aisle. Where the way exits the car park it would become a footway rather than a path, as it looks to be constructed as a way for pedestrians. Same as the way going up the slope to the platform. You have mapped/uploaded some single untagged nodes, maybe inadvertently, these ones :- http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/17441026
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/17441139 http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/17441139 They need to be deleted.

JOSM is a about the best editor for OSM mapping but like all of the editors it takes quite a bit of getting used to. If I can help further, even deleting those rouge node please say.

Regards Bernard

Footpaths not connected 12 months ago

Hi, I take it you refer to the elevated footpath her :- http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=19/-27.40886/152.95787 If so it is mapped correctly. Your edits can't be instantaneously added to the map, a lot of edits are re-rendered in OSM and appear within minutes. Others edits, ie coastlines sometimes take weeks. Then there is the question of what map you are referring to/looking at, some maps are re-rendered updated weekly, monthly, some not at all. Regards Bernard

Remove left-menu, add the search-box & improvements the OpenStreetMap UI about 1 year ago

Hi, very good I like it except that now on the User Diary page and the Community Blog page the contents are crowded to far to the left of the screen. IMHO this makes it harder to read it would be better if the content were centralised like the help centre page. Regards Bernard

gps about 1 year ago

Sorry this PDF link is in English only http://www.manualowl.com/m/Garmin/Edge-800/Manual/133444 Regards Bernard

multiple buildings at a Gutshof about 1 year ago

Hello ConsEbt,

The tags you have on the area need to be removed and put on the Multipolygon Relation leaving the area untagged. This will give the desired effect, unfortunately I don't use iD editor so can't help there. It's a very simple automatic job in the JOSM editor and I can do it for you if you wish. Have a go, and post/let me know, if you need more help.

Regards Bernard

Natural:Peak + area:yes about 1 year ago

http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/16593811 Hi, I think the change set above is the area referred to.

It is definitely not a "Peak". It doesn't look like a "Mountain Pass", the area for miles around is farmland. Can the elevation be correct for the whole area?

Regards Bernard

Questions about parking mapping about 1 year ago

Hello Chtfn,

IMHO I would say that to map the parking area/areas is the most important thing and the access into those areas, (one needs to know the route to access them). If the disabled/motorcycle areas are separate then map their areas separately with the routes into them. All the parking areas are then tagged with all their appropriate parking conditions including disabled where applicable. If the main car park area contains an area for specific parking types ie disabled/family/motorcycle then that area could be mapped and tagged as the case determines. If the disabled area within the car park cannot be independently mapped but the approximate area is known then a node could be tagged as the disabled parking area. To further enhance the rendering of the map nested areas could be mapped as multipolygons, (areas within areas).

At the moment your disabled and motorcycle parking looks out of place, is it for the school, police station or goal? Also how can it be accessed, one can't tell from the mapping.

Just a few thoughts as you requested, keep up the good work.

Regards Bernard

hiking... using id about 1 year ago

Hi dcp, It's the new OSM editor, "iD" from the main OSM page, the drop down from EDIT now has three options. This is the link :- http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit?editor=id

Regards Bernard