BCNorwich has commented on the following diary entries

This is good ! about 1 month ago

Welcome to OpenStreetMap.

There is a great amount to learn about the best practices for OSM mapping. I've looked at a lot of your first edits/additions to the map. May I respectfully suggest you read up on the correct way to tag opening hours, if not done correctly they are of no use to the project. Same with telephone numbers. Names should not be all capitol letters even if they appear so on shop fronts, (you have most of your correct. Areas, the landuse of the area should be tagged and the area precisely drawn, (I'm looking at the marina). Lastly it's a good idea to write comments to your changesets so others will have an idea what you are trying to do and most importantly where your information comes from. Best to take your time and get things right.

Regards & Happy Mapping Bernard

First experience in editing mapping my house about 1 month ago

Welcome to OpenStreetMap,

It doesn't look like your house was added to the live map. Regards

Mapping areas that can be walked over, but aren't a path. (E.g. grass) 4 months ago

Hello There,

That would be highway=pedestrian, draw the area, tag it as highway=pedestrian, no need for area=yes tag. You would also have to in some way connect it to the rest of the highway network, possibly with a connecting path or via a path running through the area. Don't forget that the connecting or throught path/way must be joined/connected to the area. Regards

New to OSM 4 months ago

It's gone now.

New to OSM 4 months ago

Well I would have thought you would know not to put a lighthouse in the middle of a road in an inland town. https://tinyurl.com/qew93k6 How on earth will ships see that light. I'll remove it later.

First mapping. Higham, Lancs, UK 6 months ago

Hi, and welcome to OpenStreetMap, I've sent an email pointing out a few problems. May I also respectfully point out that it's wrong to copy from Memory Map, they are OS maps an are copyrighted. Also the footpath lines on the OS maps are usually at least the intellectual data of a Local Authority and are therefore protected. Some LAs do allow use of definitive map data. Regards

gpx trace 10 months ago

Hello,

Your "test blaibel" changeset 26892428 for way 313588433 did work.

Unfortunately the live OSM database is not the place to conduct such experiments. There is now a somewhat misplaced, untagged way that crosses other ways which is of no use to anyone (except maybe yourself). I think there is a site to do this sort of experiment but cannot recall its name at the moment.

I think it should be realized that drawing ways in this manner is not effective, gpx tracks by the nature that they are made on a GPS are not going to be accurate. You still have to go over the entire way making adjustments, joining crossing ways etc. Also looking at the map in the first place would show that these particular ways are already mapped (in this case by your good self).

Will you now be removing/deleting the above mentioned changeset?

Regards

what are these oddly shaped circular features? 11 months ago

Hi. A link to the area of your screenshot would help, also what is the image layer, please? Looking close at your image I would suggest that the larger blobs are palm trees you can just make out fronds. Each throwing a shadow to the SSW, the shadow of the trunks are also visible. As to the smaller lighter blobs they are shaded to the SSW side suggesting they are not high enough to cast a remote shadow on the ground. The blobs also seem to be equally spaced. Yes I think some form of agriculture. Regards

User Tracks about 1 year ago

Hi, have a look at JOSM, everything there is customisable. You can make your tracks whatever colour you wish.

Classification Survey about 1 year ago

Once you've been through all the introduction, in the right pane, (Interactive Map), click the + (plus) symbol which will bring up buttons to allow switching the base layer between OpenStreetMap and Bing Aerial.

iD Newbie friendly feature request over 1 year ago

Nothing happening at #osm-gb

ayna over 1 year ago

Hi, "yep then i deleted" Not quite, I can see you have now removed the last three tags but the node is still there.

Please say why you want to delete the place node? It was mapped on 19/08/2011 by account HOT Somalia Import (Non-PD) The place was obviously mapped for a reason by the Special account for Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team import for Somalia during the 2011 Horn of Africa famine crisis.

I would have thought that if it is doing no harm, you don't know why it was mapped and you have no reason to delete it then leave it alone.

Regards Bernard

how i can delete my account over 1 year ago

Hi,

Your account can be removed as detailed here :- https://help.openstreetmap.org/questions/878/how-can-i-delete-my-account

There is lots of help available if you want to learn how to map with OSM, please just ask.

Regards Bernard

ayna over 1 year ago

On reflection I can see now you have edited the node.

You've removed the tags website=http://ayna.org and source=UNDP_2006 and name=Istanbul

Is that what you intended to do? Regards

ayna over 1 year ago

Your node
alt_name=Istanbul pcode=NA-3807-N10-003 place=village
is in the middle of an unoccupied area should it be deleted? No village there and certainly not Istanbul If you explain in a bit more detail what you want to do maybe we can help. Regards

First Edit over 1 year ago

Welcome to OSM, good start, yes lots more to learn!

Home Cooking StreetMap over 1 year ago

SPAM

Highlighting 2 ways simultanously in Openstreetmap over 1 year ago

Hi There, I see you use Potlatch2 that's the same select/highlight as JOSM press and hold down "Ctrl key" hover the cursor over the way to be selected, click "left Mouse button", keep holding down "Ctrl key" or depress it again, hover cursor over next way to be highlighted, click "left Mouse button", repeat as many times as necessary. A quick but (I think clumsy) way to select/highlight several connected ways, or an area of ways, is to press and hold down "Ctrl key" then with the "left Mouse button" click and drag open a box covering the ways, release mouse button and all ways in, or part in, the box are selected. I think I've got that right. Regards Bernard

Give your opinion about the proposed tag "emergency=aed/defibrillator" almost 2 years ago

Hi, OK I'm lost, how and where can one vote. Regards

recent upload failures. almost 2 years ago

Hello There,

Most of your changes do show up, some mistakes to the tagging have been rectified by "mentor". The washing line tags have been amended, I don't really think these are suitable for OSM, aren't they of a somewhat temporary nature (could be removed took down), but each to their own way. Anyway I'm fairly sure washing lines won't be rendered on the OSM frontpage map.

Regards Bernard