Alexander Avtanski has commented on the following diary entries

GPSMash update - Support for NMEA import, data cleanup updates 11 months ago

The visualization in the video was done with Blender (freeware 3D modeling tool). GPSMash was used to load GPS tracks, clean-up the data, and combine them into a single .X3D file, suitable for 3D modeling.

GPS track processing tool about 1 year ago

RM87: Thanks for the information. I've tested it only with GPS data from my GPS device and from a friend's, so this kind of information is exactly what I am looking for.

Can you send me a sample GPX? If you can e-mail it to me at avtanski at gmail dot com, I would be very grateful - with some luck I'll be able to fix it immediately.

Regards,

• Alex
GPS visualizer - minor updates almost 3 years ago

I just got a sample file without the tag and updated the script accordingly to handle it. Alv shouldn't have any problems anymore.

GPS visualizer - minor updates almost 3 years ago

Hi Alv,

Thanks for the debugging - if you can mail me a short segment of a GPX file, this will be great. All I have here is GPX produced by my Garmin eTrex Vista Cx.

Skorasaurus' problem turned out to be different - he assumed that the script will traverse the subfolders of the folder he specified recursively, searching for scripts - it doesn't yet. When I have some free time I'll add this.

Regards,

- Alex

GPS visualizer - minor updates almost 3 years ago

You mean like this one - http://youtu.be/b_5IcRVIL-w ? :-) (Don't forget to turn on the audio.)

GPS visualizer - minor updates almost 3 years ago

Can you send me a sample GPX file?

Three years of dragging my GPS around with me... about 3 years ago

UPDATE: Thanks for the feedback. I updated the README.TXT to list the correct parameter (SRCDIR instead of INPUT) and included in the zip file on the site a sample script that uses ImageMagick to produce the halo effect.

Three years of dragging my GPS around with me... about 3 years ago

Hello. Yes, I used ImageMagick - to produce the fuzzy glow effect. I merged the video from the images using VirtualDub.

Regarding the INPUT parameter not working - oops, my bad. The parameter is actually "SRCDIR". I'll update the README.TXT. Thanks for the tip.