AkuAnakTimur has commented on the following diary entries

Panduan Cara Menang Judi Poker 99 8 days ago

Spam spam spam. Betting spam.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ about 2 months ago

Back in action again, now using a sockpuppet account. Ooo... with profanities, oh, wow, so edgy. One more vandalism, and I'll ring the DWG.

Back again

Pokemon Go now uses OSM 3 months ago

I also keep an eye on small playgrounds and/or gardens to be marked as parks (!). Last time, these players were not able to do so (in Malaysia), because there's only two imagery layers to trace stuff (Bing and Mapbox satellite). Some places were out of date, or do not even have a good coverage,

Now, it's anyone's game: three new, updated imagery layers which covers the most populous places.

@ -karlos-

They did, only for the map of South Korea first. Rumour has it, that the developer has used OSM, around the world, to determine what type of monster that could spawn.

KTA Bank DBS 6 months ago

Spam spam spam

KTA Bank DBS Memberikan Pinjaman Tanpa Jaminan 6 months ago

Spam spam spam

Pokémon™ Go event rant 10 months ago

@Hakimie

Oh. Hehe. Ada dua tiga bendalah, ni orang lain la. So far so good, your edit is OK.

Kadang-kadang taman permainan / padang lapang / tempat rumput tumbuh sekangkang kera / macam-macam tu bukannya selalu leisure=park. Ada tag yang lebih sesuai. Dah nampak, tegur lah. Hantar message, "hai hai!". Tegur-tegur sapa-menyapa, terus stop, tak edit dah. Tinggal terus. Okay... tu pun kalau rajin, kita buat jugak la pembetulan sikit-sikit.

Cuma masa seminggu Easter special tu, makin ramai la pulak mapper baru. Tapi kalau tak silap Niantic bukannya akan update on the spot. Lepas tu, ah, tak kuasa nak hai-hai diorang ni dah. Kita pun main la juga slow-slow, tapi takde la nak 'hack' OpenStreetMap sampai macam tu sekali.

Ada tempat di Kedah ni pun, macam Niantic tak pakai Google Maps, mungkin pakai OSM, tapi kena ingat juga kalau bukan OSM pun... ada la third party lain kan, tak pun game Ingress tu sendiri.

Contoh: memang ada taman leisure=park yang takde dalam OSM, tapi ada dalam Google Maps. Dalam OSM ada water=pond tapi takde dalam Google Maps, tapi jadi sarang water-type. Tapi Pokestop pulak, OSM takde, Google Maps pun takde pulak masjid / tokong / kuil. So, mungkin la game Ingress ni la punca...

What's that? 11 months ago

@philippec:

A weir in my country (Malaysia) is quite uncommon to see (well, so far), so most likely those who purely do armchair mapping over here could mistakenly map something like this as a bridge.

Copernicus Sentinel's TCI 12 months ago

I have worked with ImageMagick before, usually fiddling the images (levels, curves, etc) with Photoshop after that. As a consequence, the georeference elements is gone, going that way.

So, after creating a composite, I would need to georeference it again. Before I upgraded my machine, I don't have any other options, so I have to rely on Mapwarper and for example, the provided metadata for Sentinel-2 imageries.

And so I managed to load it through JOSM but with a major caveat: I have to check its offset, at almost every places.

By the way, thanks for your link. I'll definitely check it later.

Copernicus Sentinel's TCI 12 months ago

However, I still need some guide on how to create an RGB Landsat 8 imagery from the three raw files. Tried to Google some guides and carefully follow them step by step, but no fruitful results.

Copernicus Sentinel's TCI 12 months ago

WMS service

I thought it's a paid service provided by Sinergise. But, anyway, I'm happy with the provided TCI files. Download a copy, then trim them in QGIS and save the desired chunk as geoTIFF files. Finally, load it through JOSM using the ImportImagePlugin.

Copernicus Sentinel's TCI 12 months ago

Oh, I forgot one more thing: you could even visualise (preview) your chosen images (Sentinel-2 only) up to its native resolution.

Copernicus Sentinel's TCI 12 months ago

I happen to stick with this one: http://sentinel-pds.s3-website.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/image-browser

Best bit of this web app is that you could look for Landsat 8 imageries as well, if that is your cup of tea.

Uh... over 1 year ago

Some use facebook/google account for that, hence the real names [...]

Apparently, I have forgotten about that... And yes, Facebook is extremely popular in Malaysia. I think I'll have to experiment with the app to see how feedback is sent to MAPS.ME users.

[... ] some contributions made by maps.me users are good [...]

True, indeed. I believed that, actually, most of the case, a handful of visitors to Malaysia has put a great effort to improve OSM coverage here through various apps. Quite a number of Malaysians, I assume, begin to contribute towards OSM quite remarkably.

[...] other maps.me users are the main source of unclear and even rubbish data [...]

I came across another diary entry, where an OSMer had to revert names of places (under his/her watch) from Chinese/Russian/non-local names to its original names (name=* field), several times. But I guess, this is not new - an OSM-based app could cause noises during their early inception e.g. Appello Wisepilot and a handful of apps.

many of them are unaware of fact that they are OSM project participants [...] those messages seem strange, surprising and unwanted [...] they only wanted to use free navigation program, not to receive complains and corrections regarding of their edits.

I have to agree with this - I am afraid that silly misunderstandings would simply draw (new) people away and stopped contributing to OSM.

First 1k changeset almost 2 years ago

Rilek. Kualiti > kuantiti. ;-)

First 1k changeset almost 2 years ago

2015 in brief about 2 years ago

Ow yeah...

Potlatch editing about 2 years ago

Sedihnya :(

Not this again... over 2 years ago

You don't mind extending your spring cleaning all the way down here do you? ;)

Hehe ;-)

MFM would be the prime candidate

Tried to make a comparison between OSM's and MFM's database. That's possible, but some road names is not the same. But I haven't updated my maps for a while...

Spend some time to check if the name comes from Waze. Negative.

I guess I should continue some work for the Wiki for the moment.

(Tolong komen le kalau "lawan tokey" haha)

New sat image and alignments over 2 years ago

Oops. The link should be like this instead.

New sat image and alignments over 2 years ago

No hard feelings bro, hehehe!

Great, another thing to mention in the Malaysia Wiki page. Will do it some time.

Regarding the latest Bing satellite imagery, Microsoft will give some hints about it. Recently in Penang (last December I think), quite a chunk of hi-res imagery mysteriously disappeared, leaving Mapbox layer the only viable useful imagery. Areas near Sungai Petani too.

Took them a few more months, then found out the satellite imagery in the Penang area (and chunk of the most north-west region Perak) is back up again. Imageries from October 2013 - still ok. The freshest imagery across the whole peninsular I guess is somewhere near Taman Negara (sigh...) (http://bingcoverage.org/?lat=4.336740238798254&lon=102.42948532104492&zoom=13&l=osm)[from July 2014]. But bad news for Sungai Petani. No updated imagery, but old images from early 2008 re-appeared. So it is really hit-and-miss situation.